From beyond

By hearingthings - 26/06/2012 02:59 - Australia - Perth

Today, in a drunken, depressed state I thought I heard my deceased mother trying to make contact with me from beyond the grave. It took me a moment to realise that the soft voice was from the music my neighbours were playing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 233
You deserved it 6 517

Same thing different taste

Top comments

loserboii 11

You should probably drink a little(or a lot) less.

I'm sorry about your mother, OP. But I hear it isn't uncommon to want to be contacted or given a sign from a dead loved one, drunk or not. Don't feel too bad.

Comments

Michael_92 20

That is nothing to be ashamed about. The human mind can bend reality to make it seem like things are true. Happens to everyone. I am very sorry for your loss.

The_F3rris 11

Lol. My dad thinks he talks to god when he is drunk. Why would god or the dead want to talk to drunk people? Sober people cant even do that.

That depends on your beliefs. But haven't you ever heard of a medium or having seance? Exactly.

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother :( I can only imagine the emotional hurt and pain you feel, but drinking isn't the solution. I'm with the other people above who say get some professional help. Therapy may be the key to healing and becoming sober

Sorry for your loss. This is quite sad. Grieve and take time for you. There really shouldn't be any judgement to how you chose to cope with such a terrible loss.

Oh, that's actually kind of sad! I'm so sorry for your loss OP.

ajmichalak 0

I lost my father almost 10 years ago and I'm having a harder time with it now than i ever have before. Your going to go through different stages of grieving and while your drunk you're going to think about it even more! Hang in there!

just cos OP mentioned that he was drunk doesn't mean he has a drinking problem. he just happened to be drunk at the time. seriously can anyone say they've never been drunk. Even I who rarely drinks (in fact the last time was 2 yrs ago) was drunk a couple of times in my life and as you tend to do when you're drunk and already depressed cos of events that have happened (someone died, divorce, etc...) you become even more depressed and melancholy. and people that's normal.

b0ngs 7

I know people who have never been drunk. I, myself for one. My parents (so they say, I only believe my mom), my aunts, a few uncles. It's possible.

You should prlly stop drinking it is a depressant it doesn't help depression! Sorry about your loss

Times of depression u don't drink, u praise the lord :). That's if u are a christian like me :)