For better or for worse

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Vienna

Today, I realized I didn't want to come home from a business trip because I like my job more than my husband. I hate my job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 855
You deserved it 4 710

Top comments

Maybe it's time you had a serious talk about this. If you hate your husband, it's not healthy for either of you to still be in the relationship

Comments

Maybe it's time you had a serious talk about this. If you hate your husband, it's not healthy for either of you to still be in the relationship

I really don't get how one could hate their spouse. You go into a marriage loving each other more than anyone else you know. If you once cared so much for that person, how would you allow yourself to turn to hatred? Sure, relationships don't always work but I would think if you loved them, you would have talked about this earlier and would try to either save it, or to leave the relationship at a proper moment rather than letting it drag on until you two hate each other. That just never made sense to me. I would have divorced once I knew I didn't love him anymore. But for it to turn to hate, that's quite astounding.

It may be time to start looking towards having a serious conversation with him about or even going to a marriage counselor. Hope it gets better, OP.

Maybe you should look into either couples therapy or a divorce...

You'd be better off not together then OP. You have one life, may as well be happy for some of it.. You hate work and your husband, damn.

@14 That's a nice fantasy, but unfortunately it doesn't always work out that way. I'm all for giving marriage counseling a try, but if you just aren't happy together anymore, it's a lot better to accept that and move on than to force something that isn't there because you were in love "at some point".

I'm all for couples working out their differences, but if she genuinely hates her husband, it's likely the marriage is beyond repair. I'm guessing he's been neglectful, unfaithful, abusive, or all three if he's truly made her hate him. There's no going back when those things have come into a marriage.

XxGaLaXy_HiTzxX 14

Number 1 which one exactly? :P

You could get a new job and a new husband...

You should really talk to him about everything, during marriage there's times when you're in love & times when you're so sick of each other that you don't know if you can do it anymore. If he is doing anything extremely unhealthy to you then you should get a divorce but if not try to remember the reasons why you got married to him & all of the good times. Giving up in marriages is so common now days just remember these feelings will probably pass & if you need to take a little vacation have some you time & really think about what is best(:

rldostie 19

I don't know what you're getting thumbed down. This is solid advice. Marriage is tough and has ups and downs. Couples who work through the downs are said to be happier afterwards. If this is something that can be worked on and fixed through therapy and counseling, then you owe it to each other to try. If it doesn't work, then at least you gave it your best effort. If the relationship is unhealthy because of physical or emotional abuse, then of course get out as quickly and as safely as possible.

Exactly, I see all of my friends with divorced parents & they don't believe in love or commitment anymore. It really is a shame how common it is to give up on your partner these days.

You just like being fodder for the grammar Nazis, don't you?

FalloutScrolls 25

Talk, talk, talk to him about it. If you're unhappy with your marriage, get his perspective as well. I'd advise you to try couple's therapy before any other major action. But if he doesn't want to even give that a try, then I think divorce would be the next logical step. You're not getting any younger. I wish you luck, OP.