Foot in mouth

By Noname - 24/02/2009 05:05 - United States

Today, one of my closest friends and I got into a fight. She ended the conversation with, "My grandma just had a stroke. Bye." I didn't believe her so I replied "That's great. Bye." Turns out her Grandma is in the hospital in critical condition. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 647
You deserved it 57 587

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How do you win an argument by bringing up critically ill relatives? Was the topic at hand: "who's grandmother is the most ill"? Don't feel too guilty, she probably ran out of arguments and tried to hurt you any way she could.

Yeh anyone who uses sick relatives as leverage has issues, I agree with #1

Comments

lemonkid44 0

What? Who said she was trying to end the fight or any of that shit? How naive are you people, honestly? If my grandmother had just had a stroke, I would say it, no matter what the current situation is. She said it because it had just occurred and it was true, so what's the issue? Come on guys, not everybody's trying to be punitive and win a fight. Who says that she was trying to "use a relative as leverage"? I think she had more important things to deal with at that time then fighting with her friend, jesus christ! She was probably getting frustrated with the fight, and this just added on and compounded on the original frustration. What would you say in that situation? "Okay well sorry to interrupt this lovely chat, buuuuut my grandmother just had a stroke! Gtg lolz <3 you!" Seriously, what do you expect her to do in that situation?

graceeleandra 0

thats actually happened to me. a kid died in a car accident and i didnt believe it and i pretty much did what she did. i see her side of this

To everyone who sided with the friend: Come on, why would your grandma being ill ever naturally come up in an argument. And if she just happened to remember it at the very end of the fight then it obviously isn't that important to her.

Here's some advice: Take stuff like this at face value first, then shit on the person later if you're sure they're lying.

Breller 0

hmmm....... its her fault.... why would u end an argument with someone random blurt about a sick relative?? ..... i completely agree with number one

she was in a bad mood because that was on her mind its not ur fault u didnt know. u guys should make up she needs u right now

Lady_Bow 4

Dude. That's ****** up to say. You shouldn't ever say things like that in response to someone being hurt, even if you do suspect it may not be the case. I hope you learned not to be so cold the next time someone comes bearing bad news when you aren't happy with them.

Did it not occur to half of you posting here that maybe, the two were fighting, and during the fight, her grandma had the stroke? Obviously, this means another family member would have come to tell her, and naturally, putting her Grandma before an irritation between friends, she simply ended the conversation and left. Yes?

Did Erick Write this? cuz it sounds like a fight we had when my gma had a stroke in january. lol