Food for thought

By Anonymous - 08/11/2012 06:13 - United States - Houston

Today, I was told I will be having twins; this came as a shock since there are no twins in my family. When I asked my mom about it, she said that she wasn't surprised and not to worry about it because she had "absorbed her twin" and that the problem would "take care of itself." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 136
You deserved it 2 047

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least your kids will always have someone to play with! Unless of course one of your children absorbs the other.

Comments

I was supposed to be twin boys. I turned out to be one girl. Go figure.

Why would it matter whether there are other twins in the family? I have a twin brother and we are the only set of twins in a moderately sized family, including distant relatives.

That's right, miss, you and your brother. I can't believe you've never looked in to the two different types of twindom (hint: yours is the lame type).

courtneyann211 10

How is it the lame type? Both types are equally special and I'm sorry, but boy/girl twins are amazing! Best of both worlds at one time

Why was I thumbed down? I understand that there are two types of twins, you'd have to be a ******* idiot not to know that. I asked the question because I thought the chance of having twins was completely random. Unless there's a genetic element to it that I don't know about. Which was the question I was asking.

courtneyann211 10

140- fraternal aren't generally spontaneous. The mother has to release 2 eggs during ovulation for that. Some women don't know they have that gene that causes it due to a lot of vanishing twin syndrome happening.

Thanks for that 141. Does that mean I'm likely to have fraternal twins as well?

courtneyann211 10

You may. Just depends on if you drop 2 eggs during ovulation. I drop 2 each month (or did before I got pregnant) and I've got boy/girl twins! Most women don't know how many they drop and it's normally they drop 2 once in a while. But don't forget you could also have identical since they are completely random!

asherdawn86 3

I suggest you start researching twins. just because twins don't run in your family doesn't mean you "can't" have them. identical twins are not heredity or genetic. they just happen more less. fraternal twins, on the other hand, are genetic. from the fathers side of the mother. so seeing as your the mother, your father passed the gene to you, since he obviously can't have kids. like I said you should start researching now. because you have no idea what your fixing to get into. I am a identical twin. trust me when I say get ready for hell.

friedbunnies 9

Uhhhhh have you ever stopped to think they might be thanks to the sperm donor?

No, twins are caused by the egg/s, not by the sperm.

I am a twin as well. I was almost a whole pound larger than my brother. He is 10 minutes older because I kicked him out. If there was ultrasound back in 1971 there would have been a televised MMA/UFC Event back then. You'll have healthy twins, but they might wrestle and such. Be ready for that main event. Congratulations!

Hey chimerism is relatively common, as well as interesting!

Xxlaurahatakexx 9
doglover100 28