Flies gonna fly

By Defeated - 10/10/2022 16:40 - United States

Today, I've become so accustomed to having flies in my house that I just gave up on getting rid of them. I only kill the ones that repeatedly land on my face or, worst of all, in my ears. Especially when they get stuck in my hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 404
You deserved it 740

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Call an exterminator? They can kill all the flies and find the source.

maskedangel 11

You’ve heard of fly strips right. They work wonders

Comments

Your ear hair? If you have ear hair that's long enough to catch flies, you gave up long ago.

maskedangel 11

You’ve heard of fly strips right. They work wonders

Call an exterminator? They can kill all the flies and find the source.

That’s really disgusting! I have a suspicion that either OP’s home lacks functioning screen doors and windows. First you repair the screens, then you kill the flies. Living with them is just disgusting…

Honestly, this was depressing to read that this could indicate something worse deep down. Do you feel miserable? Low? Do you cry often? This is poor hygiene and a cause of poor hygiene when admitting to "giving up" could be a sign of depression. That happens to me sometimes if I'm miserable for the long term. Please don't give up and kill those buggers regardless of the cause.

Get a cup, apple vinegar, a bowl or small cups and cling film. Pour vinegar in the cup, cover tightly with cling film, make holes with a knife in the film, large enough for flies to fall in. *A drop of washing liquid will drown the flies immediately. And then get fly catcher strips. Third most important remove all edible stuff to cupboards or into the fridge especially fruit, veg, and meat as strong smells attract flies. Empty bins, do not hold bins at home longer than 24-48hrs depending is it dry waste or food scraps. Finally disinfect all the surfaces, and leave the cup of vinegar(cups) and fly strips for a day or two, and constantly cleaning up after eating. Do not give pests reason to stay. If this all fails then you have infestation or bad location and call extremists. Sidenote, if you live in a badly lit area, then using bright lights will attract flies into your house so fly catcher lights that kill them on touch are very good way to kill them before they enter house.

Flies often arrive because of faeces or rotting meat. Any of those in or around your house? But seriously, get an exterminator.

My God, how can a fly situation get that out of control? Is there a dead body somewhere in your house? Is the house clean? Call an exterminator ASAP.