Facebook's cesspit

By Anonymous - 23/08/2013 22:52 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, I mentioned on Facebook that I'll be out of town over the weekend, because I am attending my grandmother's funeral. I soon got comments saying "Pics or it didn't happen" and "Killed her for the inheritance, eh?" followed by a solitary "LOLLL". FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 906
You deserved it 5 647

Same thing different taste

Comments

Wow why would you post in Facebook that you are attending a funeral. News flash no one wants to hear that expect the people who knew the deceased. Sorry for your loss.

Pray tell, exactly what are you supposed to use facebook for if not to inform people the going ons in your life, both good and bad?

Mirorbo, you get a thumbs up just for using old-fashioned "pray tell" in a question about Facebook.

To stalk- err I mean do research on hot chicks. Or is that just me?

hcollins1 18

If OP wants to post a status about attending a loved ones funeral, they can. There are no rules about what we can or cannot post about. Just because you don't want to doesn't mean everyone has to.

15- First off, you can't write all that and then follow up with "sorry for your loss". Second, my own grandmother's funeral was on Wednesday. I posted a few days later on Facebook to thank people for the cards/messages and texts that myself and my family received. I got a really nice response from people who didn't even know her. You don't have to know the descended to be kind to someone who is grieving.

Correction: that should have read "deceased"

ugh. first world problems. are you surprised that someone in the world didn't care? news flash: everyone dies. you're not special. & when you put your personal life on facebook you're subjecting yourself to everyone's opinions. whether they care or not. you did it to yourself. get over it.

Your friends sound terribly insensitive

Those "friends" are the kind of people who serve you burgers later in life.

I hope they weren't your best friends because if they were, you seriously need to re-evaluate your friends

I would be clicking "unfriend" like crazy. what horrible people you know. I'm sorry op. hopefully you can find some more understanding friends!

These are probably the same types of people who go around saying inappropriate things to people, only to retort with "Dude! Lighten up! It was a joke!" when someone voices how offended or hurt they are.

Yeah I think I'd be findin some new people to hang with because that's beyond insensitive. That's straight up disrespectful and I'd be tellin every single one of those people to go to hell.

Sometimes,I really hate how insenstive and immature people of today have become. There is a time for joking, and then there is a time to be ******* serious.