Every little helps

By Anonymous - 21/04/2020 17:00

Today, I found out that my grandmother desecrated my grandfather's grave. 14 years after his death, she dug up his body and had him cremated so that she could sell his plot back to the cemetery for money. I was the one who found out so I had to tell the rest of the family. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 907
You deserved it 204

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You didn't really HAVE TO tell the rest of the family. You could have just taken that secret... ...wait on it... ...to the grave!

It used to be a common practice whereby bodies were buried for a period of time and then the bones were dug up and placed in catacombs. Really not much difference here.

Comments

Amanda Howard 9

So, Grandpa had 14 good years? You'd better make sure that Granny has enough cash. If she gets desperate, who knows how she'll wield her mighty shovel.

It used to be a common practice whereby bodies were buried for a period of time and then the bones were dug up and placed in catacombs. Really not much difference here.

I agree with grandma. Make money off the ol zombie!

The part of Grandpa that everyone loved was his spirit. It wasn’t his body. His spirit and his body separated when he died. His body was just something he used while on Earth. It’s like mourning the loss of a vehicle you once drove. His spirit wasn’t hand cuffed to his body. Never was. So he no longer had use for his body. Cemeteries take up valuable land that could be developed otherwise. To what end and why do people insist on keeping what is the same as old cicada shells?

You didn't really HAVE TO tell the rest of the family. You could have just taken that secret... ...wait on it... ...to the grave!

How much money could she have made? I’m hoping she wasn’t that destitute. Especially with a family who loves her.

2deployments1divorce 11

Everything may not be as it seems. Do you know for a fact the plot was a permanent purchase? Some cemeteries have a reoccurring fee to keep the plot. It could be a fee every five years and Grannie couldn't afford it anymore.

tounces7 27

Apparently she's been playing the game Graveyard Keeper. You're lucky she didn't make cheeseburgers out of him.

"Your life sucks" isn't the right button. How about this: "Today, my wife dug me up and had me cremated just for a little extra money. FMAL."