Eleven Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media

By Anonymous - 14/04/2021 07:30 - New Zealand - Auckland

Today, I recently broke up with a girl I care greatly about to spare her having to deal with my mental health issues. Facebook keeps updating me with everything she does. FML
I agree, your life sucks 661
You deserved it 824

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's really rough, but if seeing her activity on Facebook bothers you so much, just unfollow her.

J15237 25

I am sorry that you felt you had to end your relationship due to your mental health issues. However, did you give her a fair chance to accept you as you are? A lot of people have mental health problems and their loved ones just accept them. Also, if you are having issues with Facebook telling you about her then stop following her. Its not hard.

Comments

slhiggx 17

Without context, I know it’s hard at times but it’s important to work on yourself and be able to maintain your illness before dating again. You did the right thing.

That's really rough, but if seeing her activity on Facebook bothers you so much, just unfollow her.

Take a napkin, move on. It shows character when you can deal with an ending, so you get a better new start with someone else. Learn to move on!

J15237 25

I am sorry that you felt you had to end your relationship due to your mental health issues. However, did you give her a fair chance to accept you as you are? A lot of people have mental health problems and their loved ones just accept them. Also, if you are having issues with Facebook telling you about her then stop following her. Its not hard.

bleachedraven 14

This is along the lines of what I wanted to say

My girlfriend did that with me years ago, broke up without saying the real reason. We got back into contact during Covid because we both still cared about each other and wondered if the other was ok. We were apart for 3 years. She told me the truth that she didn't want to be a burden on me but still loved me. I never stopped loving her and I had pretty much just figured I would be alone for the rest of my life, just cuz I knew she was the one. She has depression and doesn't feel she deserves happiness. We are working on that, but I am never letting her go again. Mental illness doesn't push people away, must will try their best to help if they truly care about each other. If you really care about her, tell her the truth. If she cares as much, she might be willing to help. You deserve to be happy too.

bleachedraven 14

This story gave me goosebumps in a good way!

Nhayaa2.0 17

My ex and I stayed together for 5 years. We broke up 5 years ago but kept seeing each other until last year. I'm still in love with him and for 4 years now, Facebook wants me to befriend every single girl he has slept with. I hate the "you may know..." functionality.

Usually just blocking is enough to stop that. Also unfriend and unfollow her, move on.