Eat the rich

By DimeShapedBruise - 24/09/2013 06:14 - United States - Beaverton

Today, some asshat chewed me out over a 10 cent late fine he was charged on his library card. When I tried to explain the fine to him, he started mimicking me. Finally, as he chucked a dime at my head before storming out, I saw the glint of a Rolex watch from beneath his power suit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 846
You deserved it 3 140

Same thing different taste

Comments

nurchok 15

What a douche, I had to deal with some assholes like that, don't take him seriously OP, you know you're better than that.

Well the rich didn't get rich by spending their money.

lb0812 18

You sure it was a Rolex and not just any random watch? Unless you have superhuman vision, I'd imagine a tiny brand inscription was hardly visible via "a glint." Sorry to be picky but it just seemed like maybe that detail was embellished for dramatic effect. (I swear I'm super fun at parties :D ) Anyway, I do empathize with your mistreatment, regardless of his real or perceived net worth.

It's just an expression to make the FML sound better. It sounds better to say a glint instead of simply "a Rolex". OP is not identifying a watch based on a glint.

It sounds like it's time to "accidentally" put a hold on his account.

Why couldn't you just void the late free it is was that big of an issue for him? I would have.

Because you shouldn't get your way just because you're a bitch? Rules are rules, and they especially need to be followed when you're acting like a spoiled kid.

browniey 11

Over a dime?! Probably should say something to your manager...

I'm not agreeing with what he did at all, and its just a dime, but you do not make money by giving it away and majority of the time if you complain you can get tiny fees like this waved.

Complaining about a late fee does not make it go away. When you get a library card, you sign that you agree to all the terms and conditions, which includes returning items on time and paying late fees if you don't.

doesn't make what I said any less true for most cases. Library fees may be an exception, but most companies can wave the fee if it is your first offense or you have been a customer for a long enough period.

u should've made him cough up bail money for battery