Drop it!

By AliRocks - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I got a ticket for vandalizing public property. I decided to draw a cat on the street outside my house in sidewalk chalk. I'm 20, and I have to explain to my parents why I'm playing with chalk instead of studying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 282
You deserved it 27 128

Top comments

wow really? you got in trouble for drawing with chalk? That shit washes off with the tiniest drop of water. Damn cops find anything to give you a ticket. **** your life man

How the **** can you get a ticket for that? It disappears when you throw a bucket of water on it.

Comments

#im guesssing they dont have a sidewalk we never had a sidewalk at pur old house

krazy_glu3 0

well when you need help, like after getting robbed and such, don't ask for help from the cops. I hate people like you who hate cops. most of them are good people. hope the next time you need help from cops, or even the fire department, they don't help.

missmurderx 8

Amen, 41. c: I despise people like that. Maybe if they'd follow laws & be valued members of society, they'd like the police more. But, no. "Gov't came and took my baby!" No, just.. No.

I_R_Genius 3

You guys must not know a lot about cops do you? Cop overuse their power of law and actually break the law when they do it. Not to be racist or anything, but they always go after the "black people." You don't see any of the white folk getting in trouble do you? No, it's always the black folk that get in trouble. Everybody is capable of doing something, but the cops always go after the black folk. EX: White person gets pulled over for speeding, gets a warning. Black person gets pulled over for speeding, the cop just searches the car for no reason and ends up arresting the black person for no reason. That my friend is abuse of power. That's why people hate cops, especially me.

Well maybe you should go hide in your basement for the rest of your ****** up life!!!

I_R_Genius I can't say as I completely agree with you because I'm white, so white I'm practically clear, as are all of my friends, yet whenever one of us get's pulled over the cops always want to search the car. This is including a time when we got pulled over because one of the cars headlights went out. My theory is that what gets you searched isn't skin color so much as it is the kind of car you're driving.

I came up with theory because all but one of the cars in my group of friends are all the manual versions of the kind of cars most commonly involved in street racing.

One time, when I was about 10, me and my friend made a big hop-scotch that went into the street that we worked all day on. And his neighbor (who's a cop) made us wash it off..

krazy_glu3 0

that sucks. but how big was your cat you drew?? cause a ticket for a small cat drawing sounds ridiculous. also... were you seriously in the middle of the road drawing?!? doesn't sound too safe. the cop shouldve at least told you to wash it off. but california is stupid like that!!!!!

Well if you would take a second to explain it, I doubt you'll have any issue.. unless there's a rule against any kind of marks?

DDPT2 4

I doubt it was chalk. It was probably her cocaine and when she saw a cop coming she freaked then started smearing it on the ground. Calling it a sad excuse for a cat.

You cant get a ticket for that. It has to be permanant to be considered an offense. Unless of course you were an asshole to the officer who confronted you.