Drop it!

By AliRocks - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I got a ticket for vandalizing public property. I decided to draw a cat on the street outside my house in sidewalk chalk. I'm 20, and I have to explain to my parents why I'm playing with chalk instead of studying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 282
You deserved it 27 128

Top comments

wow really? you got in trouble for drawing with chalk? That shit washes off with the tiniest drop of water. Damn cops find anything to give you a ticket. **** your life man

How the **** can you get a ticket for that? It disappears when you throw a bucket of water on it.

Comments

Right after you watched the Disney Channel or before you took a bath with your star wars figurines?

Agreed with the Disney Channel, but don't attack my Star Wars action figures. Granted, I don't take baths with them. Why do I have a feeling this is going somewhere very bad... oh right, this is FML.

Why are sidewalk chalk drawings considered vandalism? You might as well make it illegal to sell the chalk at all!

You're absolutely right. That's why it's illegal to sell spray paint, toilet paper, and eggs.

... except for the fact that "sidewalk chalk" is made specifically for drawing on the sidewalk. I don't exactly see cartons of eggs that say "For throwing at speeding cars!"

bamagirl14 0

what is so bad about drawing with chalk? it's fun for all ages(:

Lie. No-one would get charged for drawing with chalk on a pavement. It washes off with water. Street artists do it all the time. It's a lie.

Google "Arrested for Sidewalk Chalk Drawings" and you'll find just how wrong you are, darling. It's sad.

Its ok buddy I love chalk :) But the cops? What the hell?

Why would you draw it on the street rather than the sidewalk? I'd say you are probably lucky they didn't also ticket you for being a road hazard.

perdix 29

You should explain to your parents that they should be glad that you are expressing your rage that they raised an emotionally underdeveloped woman-child with chalk instead of a knife or a firearm.

However, no one ever made up a poem about an emotionally deranged woman-child and her chalk. Here's to your immortality Lizzie Borden, and her ax!

FlyWillis 0
TahoeFMler 22

Wow, stfu! OP is 20, OP is drawing with chalk, OP is having to explain things to their parents. OP needs to grow up.

missmurderx 8

Wow, you obviously do not know how to enjoy THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE. (I capitalized that for extra emphasis.) Chalk is relaxing for me; all art forms are. OP does not need to grow up in any way, shape, or form. C:

HappyCynic 0

Wow, I'm jumping into the band-wagon :)

FlyWillis 0

Wow **** you. You stfu. She was probably bored, it was chalk. It's not like she was drawing in wet cement ruining the sidewalk. Growing up doesn't mean you can't have a little fun. Plus I don't know how she got a ticket, that's wrong.

FlyWillis 0

BTW Happy Cynic and MissMurderx I was replying to TahoeFMler.

kirstendanielle1 0

why is everyone saying op deserved it because they should have been studying? like you've never procrastinated to do something more fun. that's really shitty, op. I'm sorry.