Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo

By Rhett_15 - 01/08/2017 13:00

Spicy
Today, I found out that my favorite song is about blow jobs and crystal meth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 427
You deserved it 938

Same thing different taste

Top comments

boopingsnoot 24

That's called lyrical dissonance, my friend. The song is so darn catchy, we don't realize what the song is actually about until much later.

Comments

boopingsnoot 24
dope_mcfly 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Or maybe it's in a language that op doesn't speak.

Lobby_Bee 17

I don't see a problem here. Doesn't mean you like meth, ******** maybe.

jangonett 6

Hey babe take a walk on the wild side.

Oh man, my dad wouldn't tell me what that one was about when I was a kid, so I finally looked it up years later. He also wouldn't tell me what "Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard" was about. Surprisingly he actually did tell me what "Roxanne" was about though...

That one is about various members of Andy Warhol's 1960s-early 70s entourage. All the people named in it are real people.

I love "Me and Julio Down By the School Yard"!

That's called lyrical dissonance, my friend. The song is so darn catchy, we don't realize what the song is actually about until much later.

bubbat101 36

I had the same problem with Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People...seemed so happy and peppy...little did I know...haha

When I was around fifth grade, I used to gleefully sing the chorus to "Boom, Boom, Boom,Boom!" by Vengaboys. I had no idea it was a song about sex. I also had no idea as a kid that "(I just) Died in Your Arms" by Cutting Crew was about having an ******. Then there was Simon and Garfunkel's "Cecilia" which is either literally about a woman cheating on a man during sex or Saint Cecilia, the patron saint of music and it's a metaphorical manner of describing the frustration of fleeting musical inspiration. I still love the last two songs I mentioned and find it highly amusing that a lot of songs I like are rather inappropriate or violent.

EnvyMe33 26

Most kids usually don't know about the meanings of songs until they are older.

Time to listen to something new to get you through this life.

Wow! That’s shocking! I ought to look into my favorite song. I wonder if there’s anything to worry about in “What? What? In the butt!”

ImminentDisaster 12

Given the FML title, the song is “Walk on the Wild Side” by Lou Reed, 1972.

missessanders7805 2

it could be Semi Charmed kinda life... which says Doo Doo Doo, Doo Doo Doo Doo