Don't just stand there!

By Gem - 05/04/2013 11:04 - United Kingdom - Nottingham

Today, I carried flat-packed boxes home from work to move my things into a new apartment. Whilst walking down the street, the wind kept blowing and spinning me round. A crowd eventually gathered, mistaking me for a street performer. Nobody helped or even threw me any loose change. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 136
You deserved it 3 820

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

You need to put a hat or a guitar case out to collect tips. You can't expect the general public to stuff bills in your G-string on the street. Next time you walk out on the street with boxes on a blowy day, strip down to a bikini and you'll earn your rent in about 20 minutes ;)

Comments

What would the British OP do with that?

*throws a quarteT.* To add a lot of suspense to this whole performance in a crescendo. Plus it's universal unlike quarters! Fixed.

I might need some help to throw this red phone booth. Untill then fish and chips will suffice

Sir_ND_Pity 35

18 - You should ask 12 for his secret. I'm impressed that an entire quartet was able to be thrown! I'm barely strong enough to throw a tantrum :3

There isn't much of a secret.... He's Pleo. Oddly enough this excuse works for many commenters

Throws a tardis (probably spelled that wrong.)

Pleonasm, I see u on every fml post o_O

it's funny because there's like a while page of FML posts before this one where I haven't commented!

Erm we drink waaaay more regular tea than Earl Grey tea! Oh, and custard creams will do fine, thanks.

*Also throws Monster Munch and Cadburry Creme Eggs.* You should feel honored, OP. Those are sine if favorite British foods, and I'm greedy.

Its the Boston tea party all over again

Earl Grey? All about Yorkshire Tea or Tetley in England!!

Monster munch and Cadbury cream eggs? You are aware the companies that invented and made them aren't British? And how random that you think of those.

Sir_ND_Pity 35

I guess you were entertaining enough to attract attention, but good enough to provide a decent show to get people to pay you. Step up your game, OP, or you'll never make it in the business!

They were mesmerised(sp?) by your movements. Keep on swaying!

s/z are both correct depending on where you come from.

I should've assumed that. Well, I've learned something today, so thanks!

That sounds like the weirdest performance/audience I've heard of in a while. I mean, if you like seeing a guy spin around with boxes, more power to you, guys...

It was the hips and OP's look of despair that drew the sharks in

Yea you've really got to sell it, OP. If you want that money you're gonna have to scream and pretend to drop things ad stuff, and don't be afraid to feign perilous situations and bodily harm. Break a leg!

narkill 13

Atleast they got a good show out of it eh?

jojimugo 20

It wasn't good enough for them to part with some change

They were probably just so mesmerized by your performance that they couldn't take their eyes away to look for spare change.

perdix 29

You need to put a hat or a guitar case out to collect tips. You can't expect the general public to stuff bills in your G-string on the street. Next time you walk out on the street with boxes on a blowy day, strip down to a bikini and you'll earn your rent in about 20 minutes ;)

JFreezy_15 7

Sounds like you have some serious experience, #9

StarThrower 17

I guess your performance...fell flat. (I just couldn't help myself)

perdix 29

#11, I'll lend you my sunglasses.

at you brought entertainment to a group for a small period of time. appeal to IKEA for some money as you surely inadvertently advertised their products for them.

That's when you start breakdancing! Spinning in the wind doesn't earn my $1 but spinning on your back does! (: