Don't be this guy!

By clueless - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Irvine

Today, I realized that when a girl asks what your plans are for Valentine's Day and you say, "Nothing" and she responds with, "Oh, I don't have any plans either", it means she wants you to take her out. It took me three months to figure that out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 895
You deserved it 59 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks! Well I'd ask her out to dinner all the same

its a bit obvious that she wanted to go out with you, try to make it better maby buy her a bouquet of flowers?

Comments

yungjohns 10

Im srry nd i kno this is gona get hidden. But yur an idiot my friend.

brycesaiger255 1

We'll now I know what I've been doin wrong...

She should have asked you out. What a lazy girl.

Hey, don't worry OP, you probably dodged a bullet there! Some people never say what they mean and expect you to know what they're thinking without them telling you. Which is not too bad if you're someone who can read what someone means without them saying it. But other people prefer to be open and honest. You should probably find a partner who is willing to ask you out or tell you they're interested if they like you. It will be much easier in the long run. Imagine being married to someone who gets mad at you and refuses to tell you why! Or who acts grouchy and upset but insists they are 'fine'. Wouldn't you be better matched with someone who tells you they felt hurt about a specific incident or tells you they're having trouble at work? You will be much happier when you meet someone who likes you and is willing to say so!

My thoughts, exactly. If she can't even actually ask you out even after she went through the trouble of asking if you're free and expects you to read her mind and do it instead, she'll probably be the kind of girl who'll do this kind of thing in every situation and possibly be mad later because you didn't do what she wanted, despite never actually saying what was it she wanted. Since OP also doesn't seem to be the type that catches on to those things, you'd probably be mismatched and only have a hard time keeping up with that type of person in a relationship. If you need people to be direct, look for someone who is and save yourself the trouble.

Wow. You seriously didn't pick up on that? If she was my type I would have asked her out

Don't feel bad. It once took me a year to realize that a girl had been hitting on me and hinting that she wanted to date when she'd given me her number. Women can be way too subtle about that sort of stuff.

Wait, it does? You mean I've been single because I can't take a hint?!

Screw Valentines Day. You should always take her out regardless if it's a pointless Hallmark holiday or not. You take her out , it shows that you appreciate her.