Doggy dog world

By that desert girl - 14/01/2023 08:00 - United States - Phoenix

Today, I've been crying on a regular basis because I know one day my dog will die. He’s a completely healthy and happy dog, I just can’t accept how short his life will be and the fact that he’ll probably die before me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 392
You deserved it 763

Same thing different taste

Top comments

For your own good, I think you need therapy. No offense.

All life is ephemeral. Anything that lives, eventually dies. You, your dog, your parents. The key is to enjoy every day.

Comments

Trade it in for a tortoise. It'll do the crying in pity of your pathetically tiny lifespan.

For your own good, I think you need therapy. No offense.

I second this. I used to have constant worry that something was wrong with my dog and nightmares of her dying horribly. It turned out to be a symptom of depression. I did some EMDR, started taking vitamin D and temporarily went on an antidepressant (for 6 months), and all that chronic worrying and sadness over my dog went away. Do I sometimes get sad thinking about her being gone? On occasion. But it doesn’t consume or interfere with my life, or mental health, any longer. My dog also was much happier when I showed less worry and was not upset. Dogs are very sensitive to our emotions and your dog is absolutely noticing that you’re upset, in turn making your dog either anxious or upset themselves. This isn’t good for their health. So if you won’t seek help for you, do so because you want your pup to be around as long as possible.

All life is ephemeral. Anything that lives, eventually dies. You, your dog, your parents. The key is to enjoy every day.