Did I mention…?

By ksztte - 27/02/2010 13:17 - United States

Today, the soon-to-be father of my baby told me he thinks I'm an extremely selfish person, and that I don't love him. His reasoning? I haven't given him a back rub in two weeks, sleep too much, and have a hormonal problem. Once again: I AM PREGNANT! FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 096
You deserved it 5 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

noobgang7 5

wow.. new hubby time... Hope you enjoy your bundle of joy

If he thinks you are being selfish now, you are going to seem like Hitler once that baby slithers out of your ******.

Comments

Coccinelle_fml 15

and pregnancy apparently makes your spelling suck, too

Match made in heaven - you're both thinking of yourselves. On a more serious note, whilst your partner shouldn't really be asking too much of you when you're pregnant, you shouldn't be using it as an excuse to do nothing, a little affection never goes amiss. But I think the 'hormone problem' was a bit harsh, I mean, of course your hormones are going to be screwed up, but you don't need it pointing out. So FYL because he's being selfish, but YDI for being selfish yourself.

bridawg 0

agreed best comment so far but i'm still siding with the man

see, for the first trimester I was sooo fatigued that doing anything besides going to work lead to me feeling like I had been awake for 48+ hours. It got better in the second though :) now I am back to being awake and helping as much as before. Some times there are rough patches. So, yeah... pregnancy isn't an excuse for being a princess, but at times your body just says F YOU YOU'RE NOT DOING THAT

If that was aimed at me, sulitak, I wasn't trying to suggest that every woman has an easy pregnancy. I was simply saying that some do use it as an excuse to do nothing just because they can, and that in that case they shouldn't.

Grow up and quit using pregnancy as an excuse to be a lazy, selfish lump.

he's a man, clearly he's not going to understand what you're going through. try talking about it with him instead of bitching about it on here.

Hiropon 0

I feel bad for you. Just tell him what you feel about this situation. And he's the one who got you like this anyway. So yeeeah.

jett_0621 0

Wow dude. I'm sorry but your husband is dumb. I'm sorry to say but really. He should know that your pregnant and accept the stuff you couldn't do.

you do realize that having a child doesn't only change your life, right? Too many women believe pregnancy is only about them, which is way too selfish. I mean if you wanna have that view on it go ahead, but don't start bitching if he leaves you, because it will be your own fault. And besides, according to your own logic it's all about you, so you you can't blame him if he walks out on you. I mean YOU are one that's pregnant so it's YOUR responsibility... women like you really piss me off....

Actually, the pregnancy part really IS about the woman, not the man. Daddy comes in once the baby is actually born. I mean, I don't see my husband carrying an extra 40 lbs around his waist, with his back bent funny. And I don't see him deal with 'morning' sickness even during the third trimester (seriously, what is this shit? 3 months of it wasn't enough, you gotta make me sick another 3?). And I'm not expecting my husband to 'do everything'. I cook, I clean the house (even though I'm highrisk and supposed to be on STRICT bedrest) and the only thing I ask for in return is a few massages so that I'm not concentrating on the pain of contractions, thanks. I can also see how it might be a problem to even give the guy a back massage, depending on how far/big she is. My belly's so huge (oh god, I'm going to have a huge baby ;_;) that I can barely pick up my little toy poodle. I would loooooove to see my husband try and sit in front of me for a back rub. If I could reach, I'd gladly give him one, just cause it'd be a damn miracle.

That's the dumbest thing ever heard. The pregnancy isn't just about the woman, it's also about the man. If you can't see that you're too young to have a child. Just because you are the one that's carrying it, it doesn't lessen his role in it. It can be equally stressful for a man to have a child, believing anything else is not only sexist, but also childish.

So here's the effect of pregnancy on both the mother- and father-to-be: Father-to-be: stressed Mother-to-be: stressed, sick, in pain, limited range of motion, hormonal issues But pregnancy is equally hard on both parties, right? And it's totally sexist to say otherwise. I hope nobody ever decides to have kids with you because it's already obvious that you'll be a self-absorbed and unhelpful partner. Have some empathy.

The pregnancy is about the CHILD. It doesn't sound like any of the players in this little drama have the kid in mind at all.

Haha, my husband is the least stressed out of all of us, including his family. The only thing he's really worried about is the day she actually comes, because he wants it to be a work day, that way he doesn't have to work that day. Whereas I want it to be on his day off, that way I know he's home to rush me to the hospital. And as I said, I take care of the house, our dog, cook for him, and everything I normally do (even though I'm really NOT supposed to right now) and all I ask for are massages. So that makes me selfish? Lol, you live in a weird world. And @ 183: Yes, the pregnancy is about the child. Which is why I don't think it's wrong if the woman gets pampered a bit during. She has to keep it safe and healthy in her body for 9 months. Daddy should be responsible for help making sure that happens, right? Though, it is rather annoying when my hubby says I don't eat enough and tries to shove food in my face..but, I know he's doing it for our daughter, so it's a-ok.

i'm beginning to understand why nobody likes you.