Detained

By Anonymous - 25/02/2015 10:33 - Australia - Maddington

Today, I got pulled over for speaking on my phone. I accepted the fine because I was too ashamed to tell the cute officer that I was actually trying to pop a huge pimple on my cheek. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 235
You deserved it 13 256

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unless you got the cute officer's number you deserve it!

How do you pop a pimple while you're driving? You deserve it

Comments

TheGatekeeper43 8

He probably wouldn't believe you anyway

Considering that two teenagers were just killed in a car accident this weekend from the local high school where I live because the driver of the car that hit them was not paying attention I'm glad you got pulled over. Driving is not a game. If you can't focus all your attention on your driving get off the road.

If you can't manage talking on the phone while driving you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

I hope I'm never on the road around you if that's your attitude. Driving should be the priority. Talking on the phone can wait.

When did I ever say it wasn't? I just said I'm capable of both. Driving is definitely my priority. Occasionally I have to answer the phone and talk for a minute. Doesn't change my driving at all.

Well I don't know about where you live, but where I live it's not a "rule" (I think you meant law/ordinance). Texting is not allowed, but phone calls are perfectly acceptable.

In Canada (and a lot of other places) you can talk on the phone as long as you have a headset/Bluetooth and aren't actually touching your phone. You can have a conversation and still be able to focus on the road and be a good driver as long as you're not touching the phone, which is why the law was made. Personally, I think it's possible to do both safely at the same time.

Well in Arkansas, it's totally fine. I guess you better not change the radio or have a drink/meal in the car either. If you have been driving for more than a year or two, you should be able to drive without a small distraction endangering anyone.

And popping a pimple while driving is better would be ok if not embarrassing? Maybe you couldn't get a ticket for it but I still don't think it is better than talking on the phone.

Ring, ring Who is zit? It's your Bf, pimple. I'm calling to pop the question...

If he pulled you over, you must have been driving dangerously. Then he must have assumed you were on the phone. Phone or not please drive safe OP!

Or most likely, he could see that she had her hand to her ear so that's why he pulled her over. Talking on a hand set is illegal in Australia and many other places

I think popping a pimple while driving is worse than speaking on rhe phone while driving. It's probably better you didn't tell him. At any rate, you definitely deserved it!

Sorry, op. Now you have a blemish on your record. Doesn't your BlackHead have call waiting?

That's pretty rough OP. Hopefully the fine wasn't crazy expensive.

Mysterious_one 26

still a dangerous act.. even worse than talking over the phone while driving

If your going to deny the fact that your human and humans get pimples you deserve it, also you were popping a pimple while driving, that alone says YDI...