Deflection

By Quicky5_ - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Jasper

Today, at work, my coworker's belongings went missing. Infuriated, she accused me of stealing, because I'm black and "stereotypes don't just make themselves." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 889
You deserved it 2 599

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Correct, stereotypes don't just make themselves. Racist assholes like you do." Then walk away.

Comments

Sandman2015 12

HR, now. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Go right to HR before this gets ugly fast.

well, depending on how things go she might collect $200.

It makes me sad to see that people like that still exist in this world. Don't take it to heart OP, for every one racist there is a million other good people.

If someone accused me of stealing because of a racial stereotype I'm pretty sure there would be a resounding slap following it.

Understandable, but be careful. Resounding slaps can sometimes be followed by assault charges.

Inciting speech/hate speech basically gives you a free punch at someone in Canada. You may get charged. But it'll never stick.

Ooh, can I come too? I'm used to having to dress warm.

You should proceed to steal her stuff just for the sake of it.

I agree. You now have on tief'ing free pass. But only with the racist (hopefully soon to be) ex-coworker.

That is ignorance at its best. I am sorry you had to endure that kind of disgusting behavior. Definitely get HR involved. That should not be tolerated in anyway shape or form.

"Correct, stereotypes don't just make themselves. Racist assholes like you do." Then walk away.

Funny thing is, due to self fulfilling prophesies, they actually do make themselves.

Marcella1016 31

inb4 comments get closed haha. Seriously, though, I find stuff like that infuriating. And 99 percent of the people who spout and believe that crap are quick to scream that they're not racist. OP, so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you get to post a follow up because I'd love to hear it. I've wondered if the staff let's OPs add follow-ups on closed comments, at least for the badge...

Everyone has a stereotype...give her hers see how she likes it