Deep dish

By Grauncho - 22/09/2012 14:12 - United States - Chicago

Today, while dog sitting my neighbor's Great Dane, I decided to order pizza. As soon as I received it, the dog stood in the hallway staring at me. As soon as I moved, he ran full force and knocked me into the door, causing me to fall and drop the pizza, which he promptly devoured in front of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 721
You deserved it 3 607

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Put his food bowl in front of him and then take it away when he comes at it

Comments

I would've gotten the hell up out of there no one else's house/ crazy ass dog is worth jeopardizing your safety.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

It's not like the dog attacked OP... Besides knocking them to the floor, I mean.

Running full force & knocking them into the door would be enough for me.

What, you have a frail body or something? Otherwise, I'm sure you can take a bruise or two, if that. You're only being knocked on your ass by an eager dog who's more interested in eating fresh, hot pizza than eating your throat.

Yeah, that's pretty ****** up that you'd just bail on the dog because you got knocked over. Even little dogs can give you bruises and all dogs nip at some point. You can't train a dog instantly, and abandoning someone else's dog over something that petty is sickening. What if it's owners are gone for days or weeks? Who's going to feed it? Who's going to take it out to potty? Who's going to walk it so that it doesn't destroy the house from lack of exercise? Etc.. Pets depend on their caretakers to live healthily.

The dog was obviously concerned about OP's health and wanted OP to eat healthy veggies instead of pizza. How dare you say you'd abandon a dog that only has his caretakers best interest in mind!

My wife is trying to convince me to let her adopt a Great Dane later today. This story isn't helping that argument. :p

Totally do it. My family's has had ours for over two years, since he was a puppy. If you're getting them young, the first year and a half can be challenging, but they are fantastic dogs. So much personality! And giant couch potatoes.

20- I don't mind a lazy pooch around, but I already have two Whimeraners (spelling?) and a Boston Terrier. I doubt what I need to add to the chaos is a dog that ***** like a rhinoceros. ;) Still, personality can go long way. I'll think about it a bit more. :)

direintention 2

I have a Great Dane and they are amazing companions. They will protect your smaller animals. Mine lays down and allows my friend's four ferrets to crawl all over him. He also loves my mom's Boston. They are easily trained as long as you stay consistent. :) I'm on her side, get one and you won't regret it.

^ Lol, two against one so far! Anyone else think I should just get the dog? ;D

Wow, that's a full house! xD How old is the Dane you are thinking of adopting? If you guys have the room, I still say go for it. While their life span can be short, they are the sweetest dogs ever with consistent training and are very adaptable to all kinds of pets. We've had a pair of pet rats and two cats around ours and he does fine. Granted, they can be counter cruisers when they get to full size. ;) And there is the drool factor.

Dracoboxer357, this isn't a dating website. Put a shirt on and take another profile picture please. This goes out to everyone else with cleavage or shirtless photos.

I LOVE Great Danes they are amazing companions. The only downfall is their life span is a lot shorter than most dogs. So that's something to consider.

delicious69 5

Get the Great Dane awesome dogs!!

103- I'm sorry if my profile pic makes you uncomfortable, but rest assured, it's not up for dating. I'm happily married with two fantastic kids and it's up for personal motivation. Perhaps soon I will change it again just to freshen it up though. :)

Just a follow up: The people selling the Great Dame brought him over to my house last night to see how he'd get along with everyone, and he was probably, one, the biggest freaking dog I'd ever seen up close, and two, so unbelievably gentle and well behaved with both my kids and my other dogs, he seemed to calmly just love everyone he met. :) I might just buy him after all, he was kinda cute, all sleek and jet black, and they didn't crop his ears, which I like, if I can get over the fact his muzzle was bigger than the box my running shoes came in! ;) We shall have to see..... :)

direintention 2

Reading this made me beg my boyfriend for a second Dane. So, we just went to pick up a blue Dane puppy. I'm going to change my picture soon. Lol They're just such awesome animals. :)

MichellinMan 20

Am I the only one who thinks DiGorno tastes like shit?

^ that's why I asked. Duh! I wanted to know the dogs preference. The cheese stuffed crust DiGorno is ok, although I usually doctor them up first to make them better.

olpally 32
MichellinMan 20

I see wha... *gets beaten to do death by every person on this website*

SenselessPattern 12

*see's dead body* Damn it, nobody ever tells me about these things.

perdix 29

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Maybe if you had kept your comment at, "Are you the naked, fat girl with body acne?" than you wouldn't have been thumbed down so much

Not only does this person obviously not deserve it, I have a hard time understanding your explanation as to why you think they do. For not knowing how to train a dog properly? It's not even their dog. Give them a break jeez

SenselessPattern 12

Waiting for the day people finally stop rationalizing your comments, Perdix.

Everyone take you so seriously. They must be noobs.

kotana191 8

have your neighbor pay for the pizza. her fat dog ate yours

pinkpixie06 11

Next time, put the dog in another room or out in the backyard so you have a shot at enjoying your dinner.

Iknowsomestuff 9

I love dogs, even when they're bad.

TellMeWhatsDeath 14

awh..dogs are just so adorable^.^

MichellinMan 20

That doesn't sound very adorable to me.

perdix 29

See, it worked better with the ugly girl that got the job.