Crackers

By smurftastic - 03/09/2013 03:03 - United States - Murrieta

Today, my company is doing so bad that I had to take down my symbolic first dollar so that I could buy a roll of crackers for dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 558
You deserved it 3 806

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ariiewilliams 17

Don't give up OP it'll get better eventually.

Every success story usually starts out like this. A piece of advice: tell everyone, and I mean everyone, what you do and why they should hire you. Be shameless about it. Networking is the key to any successful business.

Comments

perdix 29

I'm wondering what kind of business it is and why it's doing so badly (other than poor employee grammar.)

How could people pick you deserve it insensitive pricks

TheDrifter 23

Well, you have the businesses people, giving him the "sorry, but if your own business is failing ydi", then there's the commies and moon bats thumbing him down for being a capitalist, plus the random jerks.

I am curious to know, what is a moon bat?

RedPillSucks 31

@38 probably just random jerks. I don't think either commies or moon bats(???) think that owning your own business is the same as capitalism. Pretty much every communist country, including North Korea and Cuba, are allowing some sort of entrepreneurialism.

TheDrifter 23

Moon bats is an old derogatory term for anti societal conspiracy theorists (the CIA monitors the world's brain waves, paper money lets the illuminati/aliens/men in black track you, banking is an alien/rockefeller conspiracy sorts). Most major cities still have anti capitalism/pro anarchial communism rallies every summer, not to mention how popular railing against "greedy capitalist" bosses is here on fml. Pretty much every government gets it, but among academia the utopian communist dream is alive and well.

and some are saying ydi because of the grammar

To the moron's telling him to sell his phone/computer... He runs a business. That's right, cut off all methods of communication. That's great advice to get his business up and running.

RedPillSucks 31

Not really. OP has a business, even if it's not going well. Rock bottom would be homeless, no money, and in need of medical care (in America, anyway).

lollypop30001 19

I guess you never been poor before , you can get free crackers by going by fast food places. Also free water. If go by a chicken place you can get butter and honey for the crackers. Just say you went thur the drive thur and they didn't give you any. Also don't forget you can get food stamps if you really need it.

k84765 3

Tough times happen...you'll just have to use a replacement dollar...but things will pick up...

So your first dollar has become your last.

lb0812 18

I hope you stick to it. Entrepreneurship can be very hard but when it pays off, it can be more rewarding than any 9-5 would ever be. Just make sure you're networking, sales and marketing skills are up to par, (which is much easier/cheaper nowadays with social networking and internet) and when the customers start coming, give them flawless customer service. It should come together. As long as you're fulfilling a need and providing value, people will pay.

I like how people tell to OP to switch jobs and completely ignore that he stated it that he runs a business, switching jobs in his position is not soo simple!