Compassion

By Anonymous - 30/01/2016 06:47 - United States - Upper Marlboro

Today, while crying at my grandma's funeral, I was told to "man up". FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 831
You deserved it 1 808

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry for your loss. No matter how much of a man you are, crying at a funeral does not mean you're weak. Especially if it's someone close like a grandmother.

It's okay to cry, especially under these circumstances. Whoever tells you otherwise can go to hell. I'm sorry for your loss OP

Comments

FalloutScrolls 25

I'm very sorry for your loss, OP. And don't you pay whoever it was who said that any mind.

Im sorry for your loss. I never understood why we guys can't cry in public or in General, we have feelings too, we get hurt and if we lose someone we don't brush it off and just keep moving forward immediately. Stay strong OP

Toxic masculinity is a problem for everyone :/

Wow that's seriously ****** up. Sorry for your loss.

It take a strong man to show his honest emotions. It takes a weak person to ridicule that.

I'm sorry for your loss OP, you are supposed to cry at funerals, especially when it's someone really close to you. It's a part of the healing process. Anyway, crying doesn't make you anything less of a man. If anything, it makes you more of one, because it shows that you aren't afraid to show emotion. Don't listen to them. They have no idea what they're talking about.

legendof90 14

You have some evil relatives

Mathalamus 24

you dont need to man up for funerals, especially if you know how to properly handle powerful emotions. some dont, so its up to you.

Sorry for your loss, I say punch that prick in the gut.

sohigh10 34

What the **** is wrong with people.. If not even a funeral and a wedding, what possible other occasions are there for a man to be excused for crying?

andrmac 25

Um there no wrong way to feel at a funeral, but there is poor behavior. Showing your feelings visually at a funeral like this makes you human. Everyone grieves in their own way, and no one should put anyone down for it.