Cheers

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2010 but it's good stuff - Australia

Today, I found out that the friend I stayed up with for nights on end, talking out of depression and suicide, has "politely" posted up on Facebook that he secretly hates me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 115
You deserved it 3 547

Top comments

cyfclife 0

Hang in there. Find a true friend or talk with your parents.

I had a similar situation, turned out she was bipolar, that may be the case with your "friend" too.

Comments

wriptidez 0

u know what... u were kind and thats all that matters.. let it go.. remember hes im a bad place right now and just let someone else deal with it

Well the reason he's in depression is because no one likes him because he does shit like that.

mrsmaglietta 6

bet you regret talking him out of it

You cannot talk someone out of drepression. YDI, you probably came across very condecending and patronising.

TallMist 32

While it won't 100% cure the depression, it'll certainly help. And you're saying YDI based on something you have absolutely no idea if it's true or not.

This one 'friend' of mine would talk about depressing stuff and once tried to get me to hang out with him by saying he would kill himself. I said "Ok do it I will feel no guilt" and he was shocked that I didn't bend to his will after the threat.

CatLover96 5

What a friend he is... -_-

Who the hell are the almost 3000 people who think you deserve it? What jerks.

Honestly OP, from personal experience, people that constantly talk about being depressed or inflicting self-harm (even suicide) there's a very small chance they're actually being serious...they just want attention. When I was in high school there was this girl that had bruises up and down her legs, she claimed to "beat on her legs until they bruised" because she was so depressed. She told me she was going to start cutting and likely eventually kill herself, and that she was hideous and would never find a guy to love her, all these things... When I confided in her that I used to cut too and that it's a stupid habit to get into and it won't solve anything, she began confiding in me and I thought we were going to become great friends. Then she ended up trying to turn me against my other friends and ultimately went around talking crap about me to everyone, and finally I got so ticked off I cussed her out and told her to solve her problems on her own. Years later, she ended up going to a different school and I hear she became a ****. So there you go, you can always try to be nice but don't ever get too involved with people that aren't family or that you aren't close with. You really can't trust them. This girl literally just wanted attention and wanted people to tell her "Don't do it, you're loved, you're beautiful, etc."

If they did that then they are not your friend. Find someone who actually cares and will listen to your problems. Or do what I did and watch markiplier videos on YouTube.

if he posted it on Facebook then it's obviously not secret.