Ceremony from hell

By Anonymous - 12/06/2013 16:27 - United States - Spanaway

Today, at my wedding, the minister forgot to skip the "Does anyone object?" part. My mother stood up and gave a lengthy reason, which caused my future in-laws to start shouting. It turned into a small riot, and no, we're not married now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 021
You deserved it 3 926

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why not? You don't need to let foolish families ruin your relationship. Go away and get married somewhere exotic, alone. :D

Damn in-laws, or maybe in this case out-laws.

Comments

Why would you invite your mother if you knew she would cause that issue....YDI

Because thats her mother??? Maybe it's me, but i would usually invite my mother to my wedding. But thats just me.

if I knew my mother hated my other half and could prob make a scene, she would be at home for my wedding. my decision, not hers who I marry. if mom kept this to herself until that moment though fml...

I am guessing since op said he forgot to skip, they were already aware of the mother's feelings towards the marriage. That said however it's not always easy to just exclude certain family from your wedding.

"when you're a stranger Faces look ugly when you're alone"

Rofl enslaved I totally was thinking the same thing!!! Do I get props for knowing a doors song since I was only born in 89'?

Friendly tip: don't invite your parents next time.

You shouldn't have invited anyone that had objections to your wedding. They obviously didn't respect it enough. And maybe since you knew she had objections, you should have discussed it before the ceremony...

imtooshy 18

I hope you and your fiancé can put this behind you, book a trip, get married without any guests and have a rocking honeymoon. So sorry your family ruined your special day for you

Why did u invite your mom if u knew she didn't want you too together .....

If you knew your mother would react that way if the minister said that part react that way, you and your fiance probably should've eloped or not invited her to the wedding.

I've started to watch that "Four Weddings" show and love seeing when both the father and mother walk their daughter down the aisle. (: Your mother took the wrong time to voice her opinion. Unless something major happened that very morning to make her think otherwise. Sorry about your ruined wedding.

jem970 19

I love that show. But some of the brides can be vicious!

Total bridezilla's! When I got married I went down the isle by myself. I love my parents but honestly I was so against the idea that someone was going to give me away to my husband I wanted to do it alone. Although I was so excited I apparently walked really fast down the isle lol my parents would have slowed me down.

Plan the wedding again and invite everyone... but get married beforehand in a private ceremony and make the announcement when everyone shows up for the "wedding." Turn it into a huge party, and please please please, don't let your family come between you and your fiance.

jem970 19

Hun I have no idea what universe you are living in but in this world weddings are expensive normally. Its not something you can just "plan again" right on the tail end of bad or failed one. Better to go to a court house and then head straight for the honeymoon if they were having one.

scice03 8

NEVER let some immature little brat put your relationship to a screeching halt like that. Plan a romantic getaway, go marry your fiancé(e), and never speak to your despicable mother again.