Casual hate speech

By coveredupforfun - 04/02/2015 03:13 - Canada - Ottawa

Today, I saw my coworker write about how awful Muslims were and how the religion is stupid, the hijab is oppressive, and how they're a poison on society. When I questioned them about it, they pretty much said that I didn't know anything and should stop talking. I'm Muslim and a hijabi. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 063
You deserved it 6 181

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Racist language in the workplace is something people can get fired over. Show this writing to your boss and get their ignorant ass written up.

Some people are just way too ignorant :/

Comments

******* ignorance man, you're better than them.

Shouldn't there be a "how" after awful? "Awful muslims were sounds strange no? Or is my english getting terrible?

brookiesawr 11

go to HR for racist profiling and offensive speech. get their ass fired.

imnotsorry 0

How about you people who support her go to war, maybe you'll change your own views.

MooseKnuckle5150 13

Considering the example the Islamic extremists are showing the world what real Muslims should be doing in their minds, and the complete lack of the moderate Muslim community condemning those acts, are you really surprised? The example shown to the world is violent, hateful, has no respect for your gender, or for anyone who isn't what they consider Muslim. They don't play well with others. Until there is a massive outcry from the peaceful, moderate Muslim that speaks loudly against the acts perpetrated on innocent people by such groups, the assumption is made that all Muslims support what is happening and the hatred is rising. If it's ignorant to put all of you under that umbrella, speak up, as a whole and show the rest of the world we're wrong.

Merylwen 24

Islamist terrorists kill Muslims. Why should they apologise for the nutcases who kill their people??

There isn't any mentioning of an apology. Condemning something isn't apologizing for it. It's saying "this sucks and we hate it as much as you do. It's bullshit and has nothing to do with our religion and beliefs, in fact, it goes against them." which is very, very necessary.

Merylwen 24

Well all Muslims already say that, you're just not listening.

imnotsorry 0

Because we're the ones who end up cleaning up the mess for these "peaceful" people.

MooseKnuckle5150 13

I make a point explaining why there would be ignorance and I get moderated? I said nothing about asking for an apology. Go **** yourself FML

thatonetribute 31

I'm sorry. People are awful to those that are different from them. You're awesome!

bandgeek845 10

American's racism towards people with middle eastern ethnicities is ridiculous. And movies like American sniper (which was ridiculously close to propaganda for our wars overseas) aren't helping at all.

TeacherTeacher 11

I lived for four years in a Muslim country. Woe to the person who mouths off with that crap around me, but I try to remain calm and rational so that even if the moron in question cannot be educated, anyone in earshot might be. Good luck to you. Just keep being an example of a good Muslim.

skyeyez9 24

Muslim countries in general are oppressive. Its illegal for females to drive, and they will be whipped and imprisoned. Try walking outside as a female without a male relative to escort you, another illegal move. Muslim countries find it ok to marry underage girls as young as 3. They execute people for being gay. Female rape victims need 3 male witnesses to the crime in order to prosecute. And No, I am not making any of this up.

skyeyez9 24

I am not making any of this up either. Research it for yourself if you dont believe me.