Can it, Susan

By unsuccessful popping - 18/06/2015 20:09 - United States - Tappan

Today, a woman bitched me out at the grocery store, saying that since I'm not Indian, I shouldn't be wearing a bindi - a red dot on my forehead - because it's "cultural appropriation". I was too embarrassed to tell her it was actually a pimple I'd been trying to pop on my forehead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 538
You deserved it 2 860

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Even if it was a bindi- who's she to assume you don't identify with that culture based on your looks alone? There's a thousand possible extenuating circumstances that could have given you justification to wear a bindi.

Don't try to pop it, despite how embarrassing it may be. Wait until there's white on it and then try. If you don't, the pimple will just get worse. I know the struggle, OP. Good luck!

Comments

I am an Indian! And no it's not culturally inappropriate for a anyone (Caucasian or otherwise) to wear a bindi! It's upto a person to follow any religion or way of living! It's people like these which make us seem bad or create controversies about "us"! I hope you have an Indian friend who might go and talk to her!

christinamarie17 29

His name's Steve and he's very sensitive. I'll kindly ask you to leave now. Good day madam.

Alright people I'm an Indian listen to me I've got something important to say "wear a bindi don't speak hindi but play like dendi ;D "

gahhhh, the feels,I get you, same thing happens to me with an old Chinese neighbor of mine a while back. but when I tried to explain to her I had been suffering from severe acne for years, she told me I was ugly and needed to get checked out because no one would ever love me with a face like that...

Change the she to a he, and this is pretty much part of the backstory from one of the new Orange is the New Black eps.

it is unfortunate you were too embarrassed to put that bitch in her place I saf would have.

You tell her that as an American I have the right to dress how I like

If you're so embarrassed of it, use cover-up. But honestly, you shouldn't be. We're human, we all get them. It's just part of our anatomy. Don't be embarrassed of something you think is a flaw, because it's unlikely that you're alone in it.

I don't think she's embarrassed by the pimple since she was willing to go out in public when she had it. She's probably just embarrassed because a random woman started screaming at her in the middle of the store.

she couldnt tell it was a pimple? thats stupid

Tell her you self identify as Indian.

tell her to respect your pizza religions rights