Caine

By dogless - 04/12/2009 22:18 - United States

Today, I found my pitbull after three weeks of frantic searching. When we returned home, I put out food and water for him. I went to get him and found him in my room, wagging his tail at me. He'd peed on my comforter, freshly folded clothes, and new 60-dollar winter coat. Welcome home, Caine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 267
You deserved it 6 658

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So...put them in the washing machine? It's not like he destroyed some priceless original painting you had at your house or anything. He peed on some of your stuff; something that's completely and easily fixable. At least you got your dog back.

Pit bulls aren't bad dogs. It depends on how you raise them. Obviously if you raise a dog to fight (which is what most people assume all pit bull owners do with them) then yes, they are mean. Most owners DO NOT do that though. If you raise them right, they are sweet dogs. Just because the media portrays them as horrible killers does not mean they are. Also, I know many people who own that type of dog, so I'm not speaking jibberish.

Comments

pit bulls are mean dogs. get english springer spaniels! woot woot!

Pit bulls aren't bad dogs. It depends on how you raise them. Obviously if you raise a dog to fight (which is what most people assume all pit bull owners do with them) then yes, they are mean. Most owners DO NOT do that though. If you raise them right, they are sweet dogs. Just because the media portrays them as horrible killers does not mean they are. Also, I know many people who own that type of dog, so I'm not speaking jibberish.

Shit would've been better if you just didn't find him right? Idiot...

Reyo 2

Yeah, I wouldn't have the patience for that. His ass would be back out of the house. Then again, I'm not really a dog person.

Dalmatians are mean ass bastards. I was bit by one as a child. What did I do to him? Pet him, while he was wagging his tail. I turned around and got a nasty bite in my rear. Little bastard... Ah, all dogs are like that though. All how you raise it. And yes, welcome home indeed, OP! He just had to make sure it was HIS home.

Dog breeding is an ancient art - people have been breeding dogs for a huge variety of tasks for thousands of years. The result are dogs which are good at the tasks for which they were bred, very good. Pit bulls were not primarily bred to be pets. Certainly a good dog trainer can raise any dog to be well behaved. However unless you have a lot of experience with dogs and acquired the required skill, a pit bull is probably not for you. Just like if you've never driven before, a Kenworth W900 truck is probably not the best vehicle to start learning. (And having the animal run wild for three weeks is not usually indicative of an experienced dog-owner.) It's really unfair for these dogs to be raised by inexperienced, careless or incompetent owners.

Sounds like maybe you should've left it missing.

Michael216 0

You're an idiot. you've obviously never dealt with a pit before, and if you have, then the owners mustve raised it to be mean. If raised correctly, pits are very sweet and loving. However, like any breed of dog, if they're brought up to fight, then they'll be mean.

jesbar95 10

YDI for naming you dog Caine. Wtf kinda name is that.?

sugarbear0727 19

German Shepards, Dalmatians, and lots of other dogs score higher on aggression tests than Pit Bulls. I own one, and my sister has two. I have a 4 month old son, and my sister has a 5 yr old daughter and a 6 month old son. Our dogs are great with our kids. My dog loves to smell my son and lick him. He pets her and giggles. Any dog has the potential to be mean. True, Pit Bulls were originally very in-bred animals, which usually causes aggression, but it's all on how the owner trains their dog.

tayymeds 23

#1, you're the type of person that I would hate. Dogs aren't the mean ones, people are.

So...put them in the washing machine? It's not like he destroyed some priceless original painting you had at your house or anything. He peed on some of your stuff; something that's completely and easily fixable. At least you got your dog back.

Ban the deed, not the breed, man. Pitbulls are wonderful dogs, they just take work like any dog does.

xxdakotaxx 0

Pitbulls are lovely dogs, i actually own 2, only reason people hate pitbulls are because too many jerks raise them for dog fights. Pit bulls are like 24 said, better then dalmations around children =], so actually own one, before u judge.

All in the breeding see, any Pitbull/Dalmation can be a mean bastard or a loving dog, all down to the owner, though I must admit I own a Jack Russel Terrier so the only experience I have with Pits and Dals is through friends.

ydi for owning a dog. filthy peice of shit animals

JukeboxBunny 0

You sound like SUCH a positive person. Prick.

Dogs are great animals, you on the other hand...

ydi for the clothes, they shouldnt have had them anywhere the dog could have peed on them. for the comforter, ydi for not properly housebreaking your dog, missing for 3 weeks or not.

Reyo 2

The dog was remarking his territory. I'm guessing the OP cleaned the house sometime within those 3 weeks, and since the dog reverted back to its "ohshitbro I gotta forage" state, he went back to old habbits.

Seriously though - before you even let the dog into the house, you should have gone in and put your clothes and jacket in a closet or something. You could have tied him up outside to do it. Keeping your things safe should have been your FIRST priority. That sucks for you, but at least you found your dog, as others have said. FYL for having to retrain him. And to the people saying $60 is cheap for a winter coat - I don't shop much, so I don't know how much is average for a winter coat, but I wouldn't spring $60 for one when I could just layer on sweaters and a slightly less warm jacket. For me, that's a lot of money, and I would hate to spend it and then have the coat peed on. I'm guessing OP feels the same way.

I suppose never spending $60 on a winter coat would work better if you live somewhere warm-ish. If it gets down below -40 C regularly then you'll find most people spending considerably more than that on a winter coat.

Please tell me where you are finding these 60 dollar winter coats.

i was thinking the same thing. a good quality winter coat is at least $100

Oh em gee, you're gonna have to wash your clothes again! Why can't you just be happy you found your dog?

YDI for having a 60 dollar winter coat.... Really?