Business casual

By Anonymous - 08/04/2013 08:30

Today, I had a lunch meeting with important people from my company. While drinking from my wine glass someone cracked a joke, causing me to snort a fountain of wine all over my lap, splashing the people next to me. The horrified look on my boss's face sitting opposite me said everything. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 252
You deserved it 5 583

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RedPillSucks 31

Talk about not being able to hold your liquor!

perdix 29

Drinking wine at a lunch meeting? You mustn't be from around here. (Ever since the Exxon Valdez, drinking on the job has been considered a bad idea here in the US.)

Comments

That sucks. Hopefully you'll live it down quickly.

Since when does shit like this ever get lived down so easily.. I know I'd drag it out long as possible..

Once again another waste of a first comment.

Once again another big waste on a #1 comment.

RedPillSucks 31

Talk about not being able to hold your liquor!

perdix 29

#28, because it is literal in this case and not figurative. "Holding your liquor" is a figure of speech meaning that you can function well when you are drunk. RPS noticed in this case that the OP failed to hold her liquor in her body by laughing explosively. Now, that I have provided an exhaustive semantic analysis of the joke, I hope you enjoy the hysterical laughter those of us who got the joke in the first place recently had.

you just know that your boss is going to start whining about it later.

I wouldn't honestly blame him. They were "important" people and if they end up getting splashed by wine from someone's nose, they'd probably change their minds about what they planned, thus causing a huge loss for the company.

I'm not sure if you realised but I was just trying to make a pun :)

I did not notice. Even if it was "wining" it may have still flown over my head.

Flying wine? I'll have what he's having..

perdix 29

Drinking wine at a lunch meeting? You mustn't be from around here. (Ever since the Exxon Valdez, drinking on the job has been considered a bad idea here in the US.)

McNikk 15

What difference would that make? Op's boss would still be wet with op's saliva infested backwash .

46 - All I can figure is 6 is trying to call the OP Jesus....

McNikk 15

If I was in you boss' s position I'd be a little frustrated too but I would understand that it was an accident. Hopefully your boss will be mature enough to understand.

Be prepared to receive a dry cleaning bill

Hey man sometimes life can be unexpected, hopefully it didnt faze the clients to much. FYL

Sounds like you shaved hobbit too close. God, kill me now.

Drinking wine and making jokes.... sounds really important ._.