Breaking news

By Noname - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I had to tell my super-conservative parents that I had just gone to visit the boyfriend I'm not supposed to have so that I could tell him I'm pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 493
You deserved it 57 872

Top comments

Flora_fml 6

Poor thing. This really sucks. I'm also sorry for all the negative comments you've received. No one knows your situation or what happened. It is true that when you choose to have sex that you choose to take on the risks involved, but as there are so many variables, it is unfair for anyone to judge you for your present situation. Try to take care of yourself, maybe look into some non-religious counseling, even if just a teenage hotline. Also try to remember that no matter who tries to tell you what- it's still YOUR body and YOUR decision.

Guys, maybe if she weren't raised by super conservatives she would've known more about protection, hm? Goes to show where abstinence only education gets you.

Comments

mkb_fml 0

@#2, it's called saddlebacking.

Dr_Phil 0

Were you not using any kind of birth control? If not, then you deserve this.

Mexico is a majority catholic country and most of them don't believe in condoms. i've met some girls from Mexico about 16 years old and they have never herd of condoms. It's not just America that teaches "no sex before marriage" she lives in America 9 out of 10 She knows what condoms are and what birth control is unless she is some backwoods hick that is completely sheltered from media. It's called mishaps, mistakes, or maybe she was even planning it. To write her off because of what country she is in is about as ignorant you think she is.

Tucatz 0

Saddlebacking FTW! Also known as being a "technical virgin". Started out as an internet joke years ago and has become a genuine phenomenon. Hilarious! As for the post itself... sorry, kiddo, contraception is available for a very good reason.

Flora_fml 6

Poor thing. This really sucks. I'm also sorry for all the negative comments you've received. No one knows your situation or what happened. It is true that when you choose to have sex that you choose to take on the risks involved, but as there are so many variables, it is unfair for anyone to judge you for your present situation. Try to take care of yourself, maybe look into some non-religious counseling, even if just a teenage hotline. Also try to remember that no matter who tries to tell you what- it's still YOUR body and YOUR decision.

epichamsandwich 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

use protection? please, that shit is for sailors. pulling out is the best method *sigh* another welfare baby bringing the economy down

Yea, buddy, that ***** been proven retarded for quite some time... Have fun with your 30 kids though! Welfare indeed.

KatieWagnerFab 0

You people are wicked evil. Whatever happens, I wish you all the best. I just hope you dont end up raising your kids as ultra conservative.

girl_fml 0

dear everyone, you can still get pregnant from anal sex. the ass is like right next to the ******. its a low possiblility but still a possibility. read a sex book or something. number 8 i think those are your own issues. not hers. she already told him already told her parents as far as you im really sorry. i have VERY conservative parents too so i know what its like of course ive never had to tell them i was pregnant but even if they found out i have sex and lots of it i dont know what i would do. i hope everything works out for you.

Guys, maybe if she weren't raised by super conservatives she would've known more about protection, hm? Goes to show where abstinence only education gets you.

alwaysalady 0

That sucks for you, but its much better to own up and get medical care for that baby now, rather then stating the obvious, or somehow (unlikely) being able to hide it full term and letting your parents know you're in labor. There would be nothing worse then having a baby with a preventable birth defect, even if you give it up for adoption. And commentors, she may have used protection, she may have been on birth control. Babies have been known to defeat several layers of protection. Don't be a dick to the poor girl. She has enough problems.