Booksmarts

By sigh - 29/03/2016 04:57 - United States - North Branford

Today, I gave the guy I've been seeing a copy of my newly published book, because I know he loves writing. He started reading and commented on how amazing it was. Then he gave it back. He didn't realize it was a gift. My awkward self didn't correct him. I'd written him a sweet letter inside. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 472
You deserved it 4 931

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least he liked it and told you how amazing it was :)

Comments

Did you actually tell him it was a gift?

If he didn't return it it might have sat on a bookshelf for an eon or so and the note would be undiscovered for quite a long time..

A lot of people write messages on the inside of books. It's not necessarily hidden. My family writes a note on the inside of every book given as a gift. When I give my boyfriend books I always write a romantic not on the inside.

Wow, that must be a little tough. Don't feel bad, from personal experience, he probably had the best intentions. Atleast you won't have to worry about getting stuff back. The best of wishes!

What is your book? I want to read it now hahaha

Maybe you should gift wrap it and give it back to him. Tell him the other copy was regular but 'this one' is special.

Hey geniuses, he missed the nite because he didn't bother to read it. Just lied and said how amazing it was. Then again I would find it immensely boring if I was given a chick lit novel.

I was with you til you said chick lit. Because that's all women can write?

elizacandle 29

Wait did he read it and miss the letter inside or did he just lie to you about reading it?

Unless it was written on the last page its safe to assume he didnt read it.

I'm a writer too op, message me and let's exchange book info!

That's okay! Just surprise him tomorrow with the book and a bow. And say there's a message inside