Bon appétit

By Anonymous - 05/09/2010 05:22 - United States

Today, I took some friends out to the woods to show them a natural spring. I explained to them that the water bubbles up from underground, and that it's clean and tasty. I bent down and drank a few hefty handfuls, only to look up and see a dead raccoon floating near me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 006
You deserved it 24 680

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lionandthelamb61 9

Comments

kenjiisown 1

I would have threw up immediately.

he should have made himself throw up, the water was probably poisoned by the body depending on how long the body had been there

#47 - I would have thought that unless the spring is slow flowing or feeds into a stagnant pond he'd be relatively safe, especially if he was drinking from near the actual spring itself, because the water would all flow away from that point. Theoretically, there shouldn't be anything upstream. I'm not saying it wouldn't be totally disgusting to see, or there are no circumstances that he could be affected, just that odds on, he'd be OK.

that's not necessarily true. the spring itself could have chemicals contaminating it and he would never have known. the raccoon should be the least of his worries. you never drink from a water source like that without boiling the water first, especially if don't know where exactly it comes from. many streams and creeks like that carry bacteria and viruses, like giardia.

#134 - fair point, but from the sounds of it, OP was reasonably familiar with the stream. My logic is based on all other things being equal, the water flowing away from the source should reduce the chance of contamination from the raccoon. For the record, I use the same logic as you when faced with unfamiliar water.

Lol. But that's gross. I would then proceed to puke my guts out until, at one point, I turn completely inside out.

Xavi89 0

lol.... maybe you should have checked before you did that!!!

roxyluv 0

um u just drank some rabi contaminated water...I think u might wanna see a doctor Im feeling sick now by just imagining it *shudder

Unlikely. Rabies dies within minutes when it's host dies.

Graawr 7

This is why sometimes I'm scared of natural spring water. You'll never know what does it contain. D:

LiL_MiSS_LYMARiZ 5

SPRiNG water is for SWiMMiNG;; SMARt WAtER is for DRiNKiNG;)