Better safe than doggy

By poongoon - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff

Today, while at the supermarket, I came back to one of my car windows smashed in. Apparently, the stuffed animal my son left in the back seat looks like a dehydrated dog. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 770
You deserved it 908

Top comments

People are so stupid some times. I had a person come up to me at work while I was in the middle of arresting another person saying a toddler was left alone in a car by himself. It was 70 degrees, the windows were down, the "toddler" was ten and his dad was talking to a person in the car in the stall. On the other hand, I don't get why people insist on bringing their pets everywhere with them when it's a 100 degrees out. Whoever broke your window should be arrested for criminal mischief, call the police, that's what they are there for.

That poor defenseless stuffed animal sitting in the sun so this Polly blend fabric may fade. So sad.

Comments

Momperella 5

That's funny, but not funny. I always worry that will happen to me or I will get arrested because someone might think my Curious George is a real baby (I dress him in baby clothes) and/or his Dachshund friend, Hundley is real. Yep, I'm almost 40. #nevergrowingup

I understand breaking a window of an animal or child is inside, but how can you not look closely at the dog in question?

Stupid people, good intentions. In my town, we're protected if we break a window to save an animal or child (it gets upward of 100 degrees out). But honestly, a stuffed animal? Pretty different than an actual dog.

The laws allowing intervention like this for dogs and children left in cars is good overall, but the drawback to laws allowing public action will always be idiots with good intentions.