Belief it or not

By Anonymous - 19/02/2024 23:00

Today, every boyfriend I’ve ever had dumped me because they realised I was serious about saving myself until marriage. I’m now in my late 30s, single, and childless. My sister, whose knickers were up and down like a yo-yo in high school, is happily married with 3 great kids. Religion is for idiots. FML
I agree, your life sucks 367
You deserved it 1 189

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My first time around, I waited until marriage. Whoever says you won’t regret waiting is completely full of shit.

noctsurreality1330 4

Then stop being an idiot. Or stop complaining. Either one

Comments

noctsurreality1330 4

Then stop being an idiot. Or stop complaining. Either one

Kimberley Michelle Whitley 16

You sound judgmental af. Maybe saving yourself isn’t the problem, your personality is.

My first time around, I waited until marriage. Whoever says you won’t regret waiting is completely full of shit.

angus 7

Don't purposely do things the hard way and then complain about how hard it is. No one wants to hear that. If you're living your life that way because you truly believe it's the right way to live, then you just have to try to be satisfied with doing the right thing.

I accidentally downvoted but I agree with you. Doing the right thing is it's own reward. It is usually not easy.

I've seen the saving yourself work well but only for people who get married at like 20.

In this instance I'd say it was the self-imposed abstinence that was for idiots. Even the Jonas Brothers gave up their purity ring bullshit, and those dudes couldn't form a personality between the three of them.

If you want people who have your same standards you need to almost exclusively date people you know have your same standards. Find those people in your own religion.

Sonotsuave 35

I was doing the same until I met my current boyfriend. He’s only the second person I’ve dated and the first I’ve slept with. Now we’re on track to be engaged. When you meet the right person you know.

These days, it's a bad idea to wait until marriage. Sexual incompatibility is a serious issue for many couples, and if you wait until after you're married to have sex, and that happens, then you're stuck in the situation. Divorces aren't cheap... best to be experienced beforehand. This isn't the 1800s anymore, or even the 1900s.