Bang bang BANG

By Anonymous - 26/09/2023 08:00

Today, and for years, we've had an old rifle on the wall in my dad's office that his grandad brought back from WW2. Purely on a whim because I was bored I took it down, aimed it at random things making "bang bang" noises. It was still loaded and now my dad's university diploma has a big big hole in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 108
You deserved it 1 653

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Christina Winden 22

So….. common sense then. Guess you don’t have it.

ODBeefalo 10

never aim a firearm at anything you are not willing to kill or destroy...

Comments

Haven't seen s greater YDI in a while.

Christina Winden 22

So….. common sense then. Guess you don’t have it.

I'd ask "What were you thinking?," but you weren't!

ODBeefalo 10

never aim a firearm at anything you are not willing to kill or destroy...

wtafisgoah54 4

First rule of firearm safety: treat every gun as if it were loaded! Now you’ve learned the lesson the hard way.

I see someone never learned basic firearm safety. Your lucky the diploma is only thing the bullet hit.

guns aren't toys but loaded guns are also not decorations. Tbh he deserved it for not following gun safety

I don't care if you have a fully disassembled firearm on front of you. It IS still LOADED. That is the only mindset to have.

Why are you pulling the trigger? You're lucky you didn't put a big hole in your dad!

Well, I'd say the person who hung it there without making it safe is at fault. While it is not clever to point guns and pull the trigger, unfortunately not everyone grew up with guns and not everyone has had gun safety training. If you didn't pull that trigger, maybe someone else would have and possibly killed someone. Or the gun would have fallen off the wall and killed someone. It really was just a matter of time. You were just the unlucky guy, but at least now the gun is safe. The diploma can be repaired or become a conversation piece.