Bad timing

By kellym - 22/04/2009 03:24 - Canada

Today, I called my husband and he told me that he was going to invite his friend Jeff over that night. I told him I would prefer that he didn't come over. He took it to mean that I wanted to spend time with him and came home with flowers. Then had to tell him I was leaving him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 619
You deserved it 158 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FHL indeed. hate to tell you this, but the world does NOT revolve around you. and from the sound of it, you leaving him is the best thing you can do for him :P

Comments

Pyromie 2

To be entirely honest here, I don't feel this is an FYL, only because you are only ******* your own life. I don't know the entire story behind it, but as other's have said, If he agreed not to have his friend over, and then even bought you flowers to Woo you, it seems he was blind sided by you leaving him. I feel, and stated, that you yourself deserved it for not having the maturity to discuss your problems with your husband. I may be jumping to conclusions with lack of comprehension of the entire situation, but from what I can assess from your "FML", you are not the victim. I feel sorry for your soon to be Ex-Husband and wish him the best. I feel sorry for the next man you treat so Poorly As well.

#64 You're one of the very few reasonable people commenting on this FML. I'm 22. I'm still legally married and I left my husband. I really did love him but after the wedding he started being abusive, mentally, verbally and on the edge of becoming physically abusive as well. He was also very aggressive but to blind to see that the way he was treating me was wrong. I talked to him about it a million times, his parents and family knew about it, he refused counceling several times and then at one point I could just not take it anymore and left him. And despite all he did to me and the many times I brought it up he still did not see the break-up coming and even when I broke up with him he never actually believed I would...now 6 months later it has finally hit him and he's starting to change but now it's unfortunately too late. I went to counceling by myself to get over the mental pain he caused me and I met someone else who treats me really good... So for all we know the OP could have been in a similar situation. My husband too brought me home flowers on occasion or asked for permission if he wanted to bring over friends....but that doesn't make him any less of an asshole... I hate people who just call other's bitch, cheater, or other horrible things. We don't know the situation. And it could very much be an FML for her...I wasn't happy to break it off with my husband either because when I married him I really was looking for forever and suddenly there I was 3 years later all on my own again!

I really hope he was a horrible person..because it seems like he really does love you...and to know why this is not an FML...you should have had talks before this. Breaking up should never be a one talk "i'm leaving" deal. That's a heartbreaker and will make it hard to stay civil around each other.

babymama1029 0

If he had no idea what was going on, willingly didn't hang out with his friend to spend time with you, AND brought you flowers, FYL. Sounds like you're missing out on a sweetie.

carnieofvenice 0
that_guy01 0

I would say you're a bitch, but none of us no what ole boy was doing the rest of the time, or why she was leaving him or anything. Still, sucks for him.

musicsnob79 0

Speaking from experience, guys can be REALLY dense sometimes. By this, I don't mean stupid, I mean only seeing what they want to see. Even if all the signs were there, if he still wanted to be with her, he was probably in denial about her actually leaving. Plus, guys tend not to believe you when you say you're leaving until you actually do it. Seriously, dudes are dense about relationships. I haven't dated one that wasn't.

Pyromie 2

@#74: to be honest, I can't take that comment seriously with the word "Snob" in your sn. Anyways, Problem with your theory of men being dense is, It's not that we don't notice, but we rationally think we are overreacting. Women tend to leave vague and unfulfilling hints that we worry can be taken one way or another.

#75, unfortunately you are right. That is why clear, honest communication in a relationship is so important. This is generally not something that happens with younger people, though, I've noticed older men (I'm in my mid-twenties) are even better at communication than younger ones, and I am better at it than I was 5 years ago.