Bad timing

By kellym - 22/04/2009 03:24 - Canada

Today, I called my husband and he told me that he was going to invite his friend Jeff over that night. I told him I would prefer that he didn't come over. He took it to mean that I wanted to spend time with him and came home with flowers. Then had to tell him I was leaving him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 619
You deserved it 158 115

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FHL indeed. hate to tell you this, but the world does NOT revolve around you. and from the sound of it, you leaving him is the best thing you can do for him :P

Comments

Sounds like you are leaving him for no good reason. Sounds like he still loves you and didn't see this coming. If were unhappy why didn't you tell him right away and try and work things out? How could you let this continue until you reach a point where you just have to dump him right away, no warning, no attempt to reconcile, no it's just all about you.

marcusaurelius 0

words fail to describe what an evil bitch you are...

bienfait_nn 0

get with jeff to complete how harsh you are to him

#9 is right.. I think half of you don't understand the meaning of "FML", it's not to be meant litteraly -_____-" Why people are so hatefull on this site ? It's not because you break up with someone that you're an evil bitch. She didn't do anything lame like doing it on the phone ! Obviously he didn't see it coming so I don't think he was really perceptive, and even if you buy flowers to people it doesn't mean you can be a douche bag. FML are supposed to be short, not to write your entire life, so yeah, she didn't tell why she was leaving the guy. This is a FML for her as well as for him. You people should try to use your brain a little before being so harsh and insulting...

TheBitchOfChuckN 7

This woman is a bitch because instead of talking out the problem with the super caring husband who bought her flowers which most guys would never do, she just up and divorced him.

#10, no, she's supposed to be a grownup and not marry someone she doesn't love in the first place.

Screw her, what a selfish bitch, she felt bad for dumping her husband after he did something nice? WTF are we supposed to feel sorry for her for? Hey maybe the classy thing would have been to at least wait till the next day or something. Was there a gun put to her head making her ruin her husbands life right then and there that couldn't wait or couldn't at least talk it out? I fail to see the reason we should feel sorry for this person?

Well said, #26 and 35. And #28, while that is true, it is probably not the case here. Note that he wasn't immediately going to bring her flowers and be nice. In fact, he wanted to have a buddy over. The flowers were the result of assuming the wife wanted quality time alone, meaning they didn't stem from guilt. I'd go so far as to say that if the husband didn't see this coming and the wife didn't want to try to work out their marital issues before resorting to a split-up...SHE was probably seeing someone else or wanting to be able to see someone else. And I agree with #22 that there are often possible explanations for things, but the chances of it being the case here, especially considering what 26 and 35 said, are slim. And #10: yes, yes she does. And he would have to do the same for her. I don't understand how people think of marriage as another form of dating. It doesn't make any sense, whether you consider religion as a factor or not.

elfuzzo 0

Judging from the fact that he was completely clueless, you never made any effort whatsoever to discuss the fact that you were unhappy or try to save your marriage. Maybe if you had, you'd still be together. YDI.

i really don't know why people call you a bitch. like they've never broken up with anyone before. you guys don't even know if they were getting along etc. she has every right to get a divorce. and i agree with #9. i'm sorry for both of you :-/