Bad timing

By Her - 05/12/2016 17:01 - Canada - Montréal

Spicy
Today, the guy I've been dating for 3 months told me he doesn't know how he feels about me because he's not excited when we meet and doesn't miss me when we don't text for a while. He decided to tell me this while we were laying in bed right after having sex for the first time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 175
You deserved it 1 214

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He really sucks for waiting until AFTER sex to say that. I really hope you don't stay with someone like that. That's just really disrespecting you.

Maybe he hoped that things would change after having sex, but realized after that he still felt the same? Not an excuse, but a possible explanation.

Comments

You were that bad at it, eh? This is why I say you test drive before you buy.

ouch! I'd cut your losses now and let him go.

He's really pathetic. I'm so sorry for you.

You just got screwed in more ways than one

See, this is why people never communicate with each other. Am I the only one who thinks this may not be a bad thing? The guy never said he didn't like you, OP. He said he didn't get "excited" to see you and that he doesn't miss you between texts. That makes sense if you guys see each other every day, or close to it. That's a sign that you're growing out of that overwhelming need to be with each other 24/7. It's a sign of relationship progression, not regression. To me, this sounds like a guy who's starting to exit the puppy love phase and is confused as to why he isn't "feeling" more. If he's never been in a relationship that went beyond that initial phase before, he could be confused and feeling like he's falling "out of love", when it's really the exact opposite. I'm not saying this is definitely the case -- for all I know, he's a complete scumbag -- but I think at the very least you should hear him out without jumping to conclusions or shutting down. A lot of guys aren't naturally in tune with their softer emotions, and the absolute worst thing you can do in this situation is punish him for trying to be honest with you.

Seems oddly familiar. Just try to block it out and move on.

"Doesn't matter, had sex" On a serious note though, maybe he wasn't sure and thought the sex would help him make up his mind. If he is new to relationships he might just not know himself and his feelings and how he should feel. If he has been in relationships before he is just an asshole. Either way you are better off without him. His "experience" just helps determine if he just didn't know any better or he was just being an idiot. Saying it right after sex is a dick move though, he could (should) have waited a bit and talked to you properly and not say such things at the worst possible time.

I hope it wasn't your first time, OP. You'll find someone more deserving of you and your love.

I dated a girl once and felt like this guy, before we got intimate I told her what I felt, she then our mutual friend "he could have at least slept me with me so I don't feel so rejected" Damn if you do and damn if you don't

WeirdUS 29

I agree with you but a lot of things are like that at least you did the decent thing and let her know how you felt