Bad omen

By camb - 29/05/2021 14:01

Today, my girlfriend, who recently moved in with me, has opted to sleep on the couch rather than in the same bed as me. She claims it’s because "her body" won’t let her fall asleep unless she’s alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 826
You deserved it 192

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It sucks, but some people really do have trouble falling asleep around others, and then there's also really light sleepers that struggle to stay asleep in the same room as someone else. I've slept in a different room to my husband of 9 years for a long while now, and we both sleep so much better this way. It doesn't mean I love him any less.

rotflqtms_ 21

I have that issue sometimes. When I have to get up for work in the morning and I'm trying to fall asleep but they're snoring or won't let go of me (arms wrapped around me and I can't move) I find it hard to fall asleep. And I'd rather just sleep on the couch than with him. Some people sleep a little more snuggled than others. Some hate to feel restricted. She didn't do anything wrong by wanting to sleep on the couch. You are probably doing something that's keeping her awake. She could have opted to move back home. Then you'd be even more upset. She still chose to stay at your place, so be happy you have a girlfriend who likes you enough to be with you and to sleep on your couch rather than have her own bed.

Comments

Don't worry, it just means she farts real bad.

I know half the time if my ex was in the bed with me I'd get hella broken sleep and stay locked up in one position all night. I'd be miserable and sore in the morning but once they went home I'd have great sleep

It could very well be true. I've gotten to the point where it's hard to sleep in the same bed as my husband because I tend to sprawl out when I sleep, and having someone breathing next to me can keep me awake. It can also make it too hot in the room. There are a lot of reasons some couples don't sleep in the same bed together, but it doesn't mean they don't love each other.

it sucks, but honestly I can't have my wife touch me in bed. I can't get comfortable with her even barely touching my arm. so I do understand where she is coming from