Bad data

By maida - 02/06/2021 04:01

Today, I discovered my mother has been replacing my chronic pain meds with sugar pills, to prove to me that "the placebo effect is real and works on everyone." No wonder I’ve been in excruciating pain for days. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 248
You deserved it 86

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Isn't that a felony because nobody's allowed to mess with your meds. and your mom sounds like a dumbass.

This is some serious abusive shit. Talk to your doctor and let them know what your mom did. If you're a minor, contact CPS. If you're an adult, call the cops and let them know your mom has stolen your medicine.

Comments

Isn't that a felony because nobody's allowed to mess with your meds. and your mom sounds like a dumbass.

ojoRojo 27

Does she not believe the DOCTOR who prescribed those meds?? Maybe you should let the doctor know about her little “experiment“

Sadly, there are plenty of moronic hippies who believe that "western medicine is scam" and that "doctors are in the pocket of Big Pharma (TM)". They'll even suggest you go spend hundreds of dollars instead on "natural holistic therapy" or on homeopathy. Which is, funnily enough by the way, primarily produced by branches of big pharmaceutical companies. Because selling sugared water to cretins is a good way to make money to fund actual medical research.

to be fair one of the largest pitfalls of a private system is that doctors can be in the pockets of big pharma. that's how the over prescription of pain meds started I'm pretty sure. that's why it's important to get a doc who you trust sand has morals if you live in a place like that. disregarding modern medicine is now smart, but I don't think that was the case since ops mother believes in the placebo effect which is part of modern medicine.

This is some serious abusive shit. Talk to your doctor and let them know what your mom did. If you're a minor, contact CPS. If you're an adult, call the cops and let them know your mom has stolen your medicine.

Glitterbaby2613 20

this is serious dude, you should report that to police, even though she your mom she is the reason you're in pain, that's a serious crime,

Marcella1016 31

What did she do with the original pills? Sounds like she may be bullshitting you for her own habit. This may be many layers of ****** up. Sorry, OP. Hide your meds, and I hope you feel better :(

Oh boy this pisses me off... and your mom is an asshole.