Awwwww

By Anonymous - 18/02/2016 00:53 - United States - Taunton

Today, I worked such a long shift at Panera that when my boyfriend called later, I answered, "It's a fresh day at Panera Bread in [town], this is [name] speaking. How may I help you?" He thought it was hilarious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 993
You deserved it 2 363

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Happens to me all the time. I work in a restaurant and we have to walk around this corner between the front and the kitchen. So we yell "corner" every time we walk through it to avoid bumping into someone. I caught myself saying it out loud in a crowded grocery store.

Coffee5555 14

what's wrong when he thought it hilarious?

Comments

petert71 10

Now that is dedication to your work!?

Coffee5555 14

what's wrong when he thought it hilarious?

Happens to me all the time. I work in a restaurant and we have to walk around this corner between the front and the kitchen. So we yell "corner" every time we walk through it to avoid bumping into someone. I caught myself saying it out loud in a crowded grocery store.

You lucked out OP. Happened to me but the other way around.

mads_nicole 19

I go to culinary school and have done similar! I yelled Behind in a QT and have yelled Heard in other people's kitchens more than once.

I used to go to a restaurant that did that, i wonder if it was the same restaurant!

restaurants typically use the same jargon. it's industry standard "sharp" "behind" "hot" "heard" "I need runners" warnings always given because resturant kitchens are loud. and honestly it's not bad to carry that into everyday life. it's like saying excuse me, but you are actually giving them more info on what your intentions are. it's safety. I've worked in kitchens for years.

HI THERE BILLY MAYS HERE HAVE I GOT A PRODUCT FOR YOU ITS A MIRROR

First, workers may be too busy to constantly check at the mirror for incoming people which makes it ineffective. Second, the company has to pay more just to get mirror installed. If that is the case,isn't communication between workers better and more effective?

RedCronos 17

I work at a restaurant too, and It's not that uncommon. still funny though.

And when he placed his order, did you go make his sandwich? Such an attentive girlfriend!