Awkward stares all round

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2016 but it's good stuff - United States - Southfield

Today, I found out it's possible to dislocate your jaw just by yawning. Now I'm in the ER, looking like a total psycho. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 922
You deserved it 1 458

Top comments

ninjamadi 16

I'm imaging you look like you're possessed. sorry op! Hopefully it didn't hurt too much to get it put back in place

Too bad it's not Halloween. Joking aside, I hope it didn't hurt that bad to relocate it. That's always been a big fear of mine, so that sucks.

Comments

at least you don't have tmj... this nearly happens to me every time I yawn

squiros 2

I dislocated my jaw years ago and thought nothing of it, was told to 'man up' by my friends. A decade later, I went to get my wisdom teeth extracted, the dentist said that my jaw dislocated years ago. The problem is that rather than having it click back in place, like I hoped would happen, instead, my jaw burrowed a new hole into my skull (according to the xray). The dentist said that if it didn't cause persistent pain, I shouldn't get corrective surgery, but I should seriously consider it anyway. The other bad news is that after extracting my bottom teeth, 1 of my top wisdom teeth is growing towards my brain and the other tooth is growing towards my spine. FML.

mds9986 24

What a jaw dropping experience.

My teacher did that once. He got out of it by just clicking his jaw back into place. The doctor will show you how

was yawning when reading this spooky

When you go to your pcp ask them about Ehlers-Danlos. It isnt normal to dislocate your jaw while yawning. Join the zebras!

We should capitalizing zebras so people think we're a cool club or something. Instead of y'know people who dislocate their shoulders while taking off their clothes ;)

dbt88 15

It doesn't happen super often to me, but if mine pops and locks open for more than a few seconds, sometimes I push on my bottom molars on the side it popped out to and that'll re-hinge and close it. Sometimes it works. Worth a try if it happens again despite not feeling super awesome.

reading *yawn* made me yawn I was kinda scared to do it

Must have had a JAWBREAKER :D Nah I'm dumb lol