Assumptions

By 181999 - 14/09/2013 20:47 - United States - Essex Junction

Today, I went to my boyfriend's apartment for the first time, only to see another girl walking out. I accused her of cheating with him and we got into a fight. Turns out I was at the wrong apartment. He lives next door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 445
You deserved it 54 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Even if she was seeing your boyfriend, it doesn't give you the right to attack her, psycho.

She could have been a relative. Always better to get the full story.

Comments

there ain't no cheatin in the game hun. everyone follows the love.

Here's a hint before jumping to conclusions maybe you should get all the facts first, you know for future reference.

RedDragonx32 8

it was probably his next door neighbor asking for some peanut butter becuz shes out of jam..

Only it wasn't, because OP clearly said she went to the wrong apartment, so her boyfriend wasn't involved in this exchange at all

why do women fight over men. walk away ladies you deserve better. in this situation if she would have asked it would have helped

jw90 18
flockz 19

hmm why do women fight over men. i don't know maybe the guy in question is a once in a lifetime type of man, a man that puts his woman before himself, that takes care of his woman and protects her when she's sick or hurt, that is compassionate and a good listener but knows to tell you when you're being completely unreasonable, not because he likes to argue, but because he wants to lead a healthy relationship. Maybe he's a guy that would rather spend his saturday evening with you watching your favorite romantic comedy on the couch than grabbing a beer with his friends, a guy that doesn't have sex, but rather makes love to you, a guy that can always make you laugh and smile, the guy you want to be with forever. maybe that's why you fight over a man, because he's that desirable and you'll never meet an equivalent to him again. but since we're here being sexist and shit, yes walk away because maybe the guy is the one who deserves better, instead of a girlfriend that trusts him so little.

Usually women fight over men because he's either cheating or she thinks he's cheating/going to cheat. Even if the guy does all those things you mentioned if he is cheating then she needs to either make the decision to leave him or to stay. However, she shouldn't blame the other woman or attack/fight the other woman. She needs to realize that if he cheats it was his decision and nobody owes her relationship anything except for her and the person she's dating. On the other hand if he isn't cheating then she has a lot of growing up and maturing to do if she's so insecure in the relationship. Personally, when I'm in a relationship I look as far as my partner when looking to see who I rely on to keep him from cheating. My motto is that if you have to rely on ANYBODY other than the person you're with to keep from cheating then that's not much of a relationship to start with. If somebody is willing to be in that type of relationship then I won't say anything against it (unless they ask) but I'm also not going to feel bad when your SO cheats because you accepted that when you chose to be in that type of relationship.

jw90 18

Haha well that..that is embarrassing. Next time be sure you have the right apartment before you start accusing some random person of cheating with your boyfriend.

YDI even if she was seeing your boyfriend, he is the cheater, not her. I don't understand these girls who attack the girl the boyfriend has been cheating on them with. If the girl knows he is taken, fair enough she is not a class act but she still doesn't owe you anything if she doesn't know you. The real scum is the boyfriend in that case. Anyway, it's time to mature a bit OP and not use violence to solve your love life issues.

Do that man a favor and dump him. He's in for a hell of a ride with you.