Asshat

By no compassion - 16/04/2013 10:50 - United States - Aurora

Today, working in customer support, I received a call from a woman who'd just been robbed. My supervisor asked what was taking so long; I told him that she was hysterical. He took my phone and told her to call back when she had her "shit together", then hung up. I take orders from this dude. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 365
You deserved it 4 020

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You have the worst boss. I'm proud of you for treating her like a person though.

OP: What the **** man? Supervisor: What? All she has to do is disarm the robber without getting herself and others killed, restrain him, and call the cops! Shit, people these days can't do anything... Your supervisor is obviously Clark Kent, OP. He just can't understand how us mere mortals handle things.

Comments

You have the worst boss. I'm proud of you for treating her like a person though.

Damian95 16

Sounds like you take orders from an ass, not a man.

9lashes 15

it is sad and i would be frightened too but this is a little funny

The boss is an ass, but maybe since OP said she was hysterical and she"just got robbed", he probably thought she was lying. Who calls customer support before calling the police after getting robbed? Although in this world today...

ApollosMyth 22

We don't know who she called first 35.

OP: What the **** man? Supervisor: What? All she has to do is disarm the robber without getting herself and others killed, restrain him, and call the cops! Shit, people these days can't do anything... Your supervisor is obviously Clark Kent, OP. He just can't understand how us mere mortals handle things.

OP never said that the robber was still there. The last probably came home to her house that had been robbed and called them for support. Unless they are security, it's not their job to deal with a frantic lady on the phone. The boss actually did what he was supposed to do.

The boss did what he was supposed to do? Are you?...I... ****, I won't even bother.

BlueFlatts 20

Last I read, customer service is supposed to help out the customer in any and every way they can. Not hang up when the customer is in the middle of a crisis. Has something about that definition changed? Or do I expect too much from society.

If she was JUST robbed, she should be talking to the police, and if she is still losing her shit after they leave, a counselor. There's a lot we don't know about this FML but surely you don't expect a customer service hotline to solve a robbery, except to maybe to put a hold on a credit line. In other words, the boss is an asshole but he's not wrong.

I get what number 15 is trying to say. Assuming that the company that OP works for isn't in the security business, or insurance or anything, which is the impression I got from it, they don't need to handle a hysteric customer, from a professional standpoint, although as a human being I don't think you'd be so hard on them.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make.

Boss job description: High school degree optional but not required. Preferably no compassion. Must maintain dominance.

Pyro_Wolf 17

Shit....I might know who my future boss could be then....

countryrose92 23

I agree your life sucks simply because you work in a call center. The fact that this man is your boss makes it suck even more. Sorry op. good luck!!

what comes around goes around... karmas a bitch

At least get the phrase right, numb nuts. Also, OP did nothing wrong here. So your comment is invalid.

Unless of course you were directing it to the supervisor. In which case, I apologize.

I thought it was about the supervisor. And technically he is correct... Something must come before it can go!

WonkeyDonkey 10

What goes around comes around is very true but Karma's only a bitch if you are ;)

Seriously, what's that lady's problem? It's not as if the security and sanctity of her home had been violated and her valuable possessions taken... Oh wait...

Jeez, I hope your boss will be robbed, just so he can try and keep his own shit together..

BellaBelle_fml 23

Yea the boss is a douche. But wishing possible harm on him, or maybe even his family, is a bit harsh.

Reading your reply, I get why people down-thumb this comment. But I might just mention, I would never wish harm on anyone, I just think he needs a little karma slapping his face :i

He's a moron. If you read past FML's, that's the requirement to be a supervisor.

It's a requirement to be rude and swear at paying customers??

slytherbitch 15