By Anonymous - 05/12/2018 08:00 - United States - Wauseon

Today, a police officer stopped me and told me he got an anonymous tip that I was going to kill myself. I wasnt. Protocol says he had to bring me straight to a hospital where I explained that someone was messing with me. nobody listened. Now I have a hospital bill for $2,250. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 695
You deserved it 172

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Refuse to pay and get help with a lawyer You did nothing wrong

I'd seek the advice of a lawyer. The people you interacted with paid no attention to what you were telling them, and you were then made to undergo examinations against your wishes. The hospital is at fault for not listening to you, and you shouldn't have to pay for something you didn't ask for.

Comments

If it was me. I like to serve revenge the same way.

I'd settle that encounter with a simple "I'm not having suicidal impulses but you keep pushing me and forcing me to do things I don't want to do, you will force me to defend myself with lethal force."

PenguinPal3017 19

Let me know how threatening to kill armed people goes. Might have to wait for heaven for you to let me know.

The requirement for an involuntary psych hold is that the patient is considered a risk for harming himself OR OTHERS. Your method would actually provide them BETTER grounds for holding you. Ranting and raving about killing people is no way to convince anyone your mental health is good.

Stan_The_Man 7

Well if you didn’t have motive before, now you do.

Equitube 4

I was once on probation and didn't make it in to a report day due to an attack of stomach flu or something. I called My Probation officer to explain. He told me that if I didn't have a doctors excuse that he would throw me in jail. I had to go the ER to the tune of $800 which I had to pay.

TxKitten79 10

If this is true, then you have a case to sue the officer and the police department. Because what you just described is not how that works. .. if you are in the U.S. So, either someone royally screwed up, or this post is b.s.

GUYMAINE 16

Id call the police on that cop and any nurse that didn't listen. i overheard them all saying " they wanted to kill themselves"

onceuponatime456 16

Will you guys stop making up these FMLs. You sound like complete idiots by posting absolute nonsense!

maroongrad 13

Lawyer time! And make sure the police station pushes for prosecution for abuse of 911.

maroongrad 13

This is what happens when "for-profit medical system" meets "asshole anonymous caller."