A bit much

By Anonymous - 27/08/2019 18:00 - United States

Today, I ordered takeout. When I looked in the bag, I saw they'd included four sets of plastic cutlery. In other words, someone at the restaurant packed my order, then estimated that there must be at least four people eating such a large meal. I was eating alone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 521
You deserved it 974

Same thing different taste

Top comments

As someone who used to work at one of those places, we don't estimate anything. Just throw some stuff in the bag. 4 forks? 20 forks? Who cares.

Especially when I order chinese takeout, I'll order two or 3 dishes so that I can eat on it over the next few days, just for myself. People don't typically assume anything, it sounds more likely that you're projecting. Don't let it stress you, just be happy!

Comments

As someone who used to work at one of those places, we don't estimate anything. Just throw some stuff in the bag. 4 forks? 20 forks? Who cares.

Seems to be that way. Ordered a pizza and a salad once. Seven forks. How many did they think were eating a side salad

Especially when I order chinese takeout, I'll order two or 3 dishes so that I can eat on it over the next few days, just for myself. People don't typically assume anything, it sounds more likely that you're projecting. Don't let it stress you, just be happy!

Meh45 8

Now you have extra plastic cutlery. You never know when you'll need it.

I hope you got four fortune cookies! At least one of them should be a great prophecy. You should complain otherwise, even if it's not Chinese take-out.

or maybe they just grabbed a handful and threw them in the bag. paranoid much? guess what? no one is even remotely interested in your takeout order. get over yourself. ydi

Mungolikecandy 19

When worked in a takeaway place we did not have time to estimate the number of people. It was scoop up a few and throw it in the bag and onto the next order.