By Dominique Richards - 20/02/2018 19:00

Today, I went to the dentist to get a tooth pulled. When I woke up I found out they pulled the wrong one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 786
You deserved it 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lawsuit! Of course, you’ll have to go to court and tell the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth.

Malpractice. They should know full well beforehand which one to yank out.

Comments

Malpractice. They should know full well beforehand which one to yank out.

I had a military buddy of mine have this exact same thing happen. He sued the dentist and won, $147,000 after the lawyers cut.

Lawsuit! Of course, you’ll have to go to court and tell the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth.

That's a classic nightmarish reason to be afraid to go to the dentist.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Alright, let me yank a tooth straight from the root, let’s see if you’re not screaming bloody murder. Jackass.

4 teeth pulled out, two of them perfectly healthy molars and all with local anaesthetic. Assumptions are for jackasses...jackass

There's also people who are allergic to novocaine as well as certain procedures that can only be done with the patient under. I have a tooth that came in at such an odd angle, I'll have to be put under to have it removed.

I had a tooth that was so twisted they had to break it apart in my jaw. there are alternatives to novacaine.

bobsanction 18

I had a tooth pulled while being awake. I've also had a root canal done with no numbing what so ever. It's not as bad as the shit that requires the tooth being removed or fixed in the first place.

MamaChey 24

Typically, tough extractions are done with conscious sedation where a patient is wide awake but doesn’t remember a thing. That is likely what OP’s dentist used. To actually be put under requires an anesthesiologist.

First, if the tooth was being pulled under complications, or was in the upper jaw near the facial nerve, it may have been an excruciating procedure without anaesthesia. Or, maybe this dentist likes to gas his patients unconscious in the hopes they won't notice his dental school diploma is signed in crayon.

I literally had 7 teeth pulled yesterday and they didn't put me under for it, just gave me lots of nova cain. Pretty much all dentists these days don't put you under for a simple teeth pulling. Also, a tooth that requires extraction would more than likely show visible signs of the state of the tooth, making it very unlikely for the dentist to pull the wrong one. In summation I'm calling this FML out as false.

Ironically, some people are ALLERGIC to novocaine. So for that usually the person gets put under for the procedure. Or it was a procedure that couldn't be done with only local anesthetic.

That's why i have two reasons i think this is false and not just one.

issjussmee 7

you had 7 teeth pulled? sorry but I'm pretty sure that disqualifies you from giving dental advice lol

Donut_Wizard 23

One less tooth to worry about brushing. Just think of the time you’ll save!

What was the dentist's last name, Magoo?!

bobsanction 18

Who the hell gets put under to get a tooth pulled?

The same people who want to be put under when they get their brains removed from their own ass. <b><I>*HINT. HINT.*</I><b>

"When I said 'pull the right tooth', I meant 'pull the <I>correct</I> tooth.'"

Idream 7

Woke up? Wait, you don't do it with an injection? :O