By nobabies - 10/12/2017 01:30

Today, I attended my husband's holiday brunch at a company I also used to work for. I was excited to see former coworkers until one raced up, grabbed my belly, and in front of a crowded room, exclaimed, "You're pregnant!" Nope, just older and a bit fatter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 261
You deserved it 478

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't understand why people always make that statement. They should be asking if you have any kids yet or something like that so it doesn't become an awkward moment like this.

I hope you mean EX-coworker! Wait! You do! Who says wishes don’t come true?

Comments

I hope you mean EX-coworker! Wait! You do! Who says wishes don’t come true?

I don't understand why people always make that statement. They should be asking if you have any kids yet or something like that so it doesn't become an awkward moment like this.

boopingsnoot 24

See, if a man grabbed me by my muffin top, instant karate chops and yelling. He crossed a big line before he even announced your "pregnancy"

PhantomCrevan 8

It doesn't say the coworker was male anywhere in the post, and this sort of behavior is more common for women than men. Partly because women are largely socialized into liking babies or at least acting like they do, but mostly because it would not fly for a guy to grab a woman without permission, even in the abdominal area. Which, to be honest is kind of bullshit and it should be considered equally rude and socially unacceptable for anyone to grab anyone else without their permission.

Lobby_Bee 17

Yes, pregnant with a food baby.

I’ be had kinda similar experience. in a bus a woman offered her seat saying to me ”you’re pregnant. Please take a seat”. I replied “no, I’m not. no need to do this.”We BOTH got embarrassed. If I hadn’t told the truth, ONLY I would have got embarrassed.......

I have learned that the easiest way to know that a lady is not pregnant is if you are thinking of congratulating her on her pregnancy, and she has not told you she is pregnant. Works every time.

What kind of moron just grabs someone's belly without her consent? I don't care if you used to work with them, that's just unacceptable.