I did not see where it said she was making a sandwich. Regardless of what she was making, when a fire comes up and a person panicks, instinct kicks in. Automatically a person thinks of water to put out a fire. This does not mean she is stupid or dumb like a lot of you are saying. This simply means she either did not have the knowledge or experience with a grease fire or that she panicked and used her instincts, even though it was not the best for this situation.
OP - I am sorry that you now have to fix your kitchen after this incident. I hope your wife is ok. That is all that really matters here. Material things can be replaced. People can not.
The wife might have known, and just panicked. ALot of grease fires that spread are because people know it in the back of their mind, but when flames pop up, they panic and do the instinctive thing, grab water.
As for fire dept. bills, some cities and counties do bill for fires. Usually only for large ones, but, city could be run by moneygrybbing asshats.
+5 | 4
Speak your mind, but please try and be respectful.
Top of the page
You must have an FML account to comment.
Don't have an FML account yet ? Sign up to FML!