By QueenCee - 02/04/2015 02:04 - United States - San Francisco

Today, while at work, a guy complained about me "touching his fries." At first I thought it was a joke, because he kept smiling, even after I offered him new ones. I realized it wasn't a joke when he threw the fries on the counter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 981
You deserved it 2 534

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I will never understand how some people can be that rude.

Pisses me off when people treat people in retail/hospitality like shit. Have some respect, there's no need for it.

Comments

I will never understand how some people can be that rude.

CheekyRaccoon 27

When growing up not being told no and having a short fuse would be my guess.

Geez, I hope he got banned from the establishment. His reaction seems unwarranted to me.

there are enough people in the world, someone will be like that. more often than not though, we all run into them. poor OP hope they don't run into them again

Overreacting, yes, but I also work in the service industry and extremely observant of what should and shouldn't be done. I handle money all day and It's a personal pet peeve of mine when the cashier touches everyone's dirty money and then gets my fries with their hands overlapping the top potion of them. I've also seen it happen when they hand out the drink cups with their fingers gripping the inside part of the cups' lip. I don't think the OP deserved to get the fries thrown but do wish more would be aware of what they're doing and touching. Don't let me get started on the ones that bag my raw meats with my fresh fruit at the grocery store!

Good point #26. But throwing them might be a little to much if you'd ask me. :)

#26 maybe OP does watch what he/she's doing while at work. Sometimes people make mistakes.

Why? I read it as better on the counter than on OPs face

When people thumb down my comment I think they would rather fries in the face.

be specific next time then. that sounded like if you were calling her ugly ?✋✌?

People are ridiculous. I'm so glad I don't work in the food service industry anymore.

meli1195 31

there will always be crazies, just gotta learn to ignore it so it doesn't rub off on you

I don't know about you, but it'd be quite aPEELing for me to watch him overreact like that.

Potato peels maybe? It's still stretching it.

Lel my brain just automatically linked fries with the act of peeling potatoes. It is kinda far-fetched.

Well, he was smiling because he knew that at some point in his near future, fries were his to be had.

Pisses me off when people treat people in retail/hospitality like shit. Have some respect, there's no need for it.

assurant 12

YOUR HEAD LOOKS LIKE A FOOTBALL LOL. YOU ARE THE ****** STEWIE GRIFFIN

I completely agree. OP even offered the guy a new order of fries, so I can't understand why he got so angry. It's embarrassing how grown people can be so rude and immature.

Eyalsh 32

yep. i'm sure having someone "fried and molesed for getting angry is a decent thing to do.