By way2gosam - 26/05/2009 04:52 - United States

Today, I went to the hospital in premature labor. Alone, I texted my best friend/crush and asked him to come and sit with me for an hour while I waited on my mom to arrive. Eating cornflakes and watching TV, he replied "I can't". Apparently TV is more important than a best friend in labor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 213
You deserved it 23 877

way2gosam tells us more.

Okay, I'm finally writing back to all 401 of your comments. Yes, I am a pregnant teenager- although, I can not see how that has any revelance to my post, pregnancy in teenagers happens quite often and I do not appreciate the judgemental/negative comments being thrown at me. It's pure slander. Yes, the father and I did have a fallout and I will be raising the baby on my own, with the help and support of my family and friends- not to mention he lives in the northern part of the state that I live in, which happens to be 4-5 hours away, even if he wanted to be here for the arrival of our child(which we are expecting to be a girl), he could not make it here on time. Therefore, my mother is my "go'to man", for lack of better words. I also notice you all are saying that he wouldn't want to hold my hand or watch the baby being born, I never said he would be in the delievery room- I simply asked him to keep my company during the scary hours of contractions that were yet to come, until my mother could arrive and take over. Yes, we had previously discussed it, and he had said that if need-be, he would be there. Unfortunately for me, he was speaking pure lies. As for the premature labor I did go into, they did stop it, and I am now on bed rest while taking a medicine called "terbutaline" every 4 hours in order to hold her until full term. (Which is also why I could write my FML, I didn't come home taking care of a baby, I came home on bed rest so I could have my baby at the correct time. I had nothing else to do but write my FML.) I do understand how confusing and misleading my post was, but keep in mind you only get a certain amount of letters to work with when writing your original FML, and by reading this I'm sure you've noticed that I could not elaborate thouroughly with 300 letters as a maximum. I do appreciate your opinions, even though I do not agree with all the statements that were made. Just wanted to explain since there were so many confused people.

Top comments

he probably knows you are into him so is avoiding being to close to you incase he gets the position of father figure to your child and is therefore stuck with you and the kid forever, he saved himself from having a fml

Is he the father? If he is, he should be more than a "crush". Sounds like a bad choice to me either way.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

why not ask the dad, you *****! if your having a child w/ mo dad, then **** you! your child will have a terrible life! good day to you ma'am.

maybe he doesn't want to see a slimy baby pop out of his friends overstretched va...

Use your brain, she explained (and honestly that could have been inferred) but you really have to be negative

Is he the father? If he is, he should be more than a "crush". Sounds like a bad choice to me either way.

If he's the father he should be there even if the world was ending!

lyndis_fml 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
CherishFlowers 0

Lots of people call their mothers when they are giving birth.

just because you have a child. doesn't always mean that your mom isn't still alive:...? what you talking about dude?

I think they mean mostly cuz she said the word "crush"

NeonBubblez 6

Thats really none of your business. As far as you know, she could have been raped or the father left just because he's selfish. No need to be an asshole when you don't know all the facts.

there are lots of reasons the father wouldnt be there. he could be dead, gone, prison, it couldve been a rape, or TONS of other things

Marcella1016 31

Also the word "crush" doesn't say anything about her age. I've heard the word come from people of all ages, including me, and I'm 26.

he probably knows you are into him so is avoiding being to close to you incase he gets the position of father figure to your child and is therefore stuck with you and the kid forever, he saved himself from having a fml

sacredsmulez 0

Yes I agree with you #4 and seeing as the poster is a pregnant teen, Im assuming this guy is a teenager also. Being a young guy, he was probably freaked out of witnessing a birth that deals with...well female body parts and other female stuff.

Somebody understands his viewpoint lol

Wait, so is he the father or is someone else the father? :/

Siren_00 0

Where's the father? If the crush isn't the babydaddy, then it probably seems to him like you're putting a lot of responsibility on him.

crush? I am greatly confused by this word in your apparent "FML". Wouldn't you call the baby's father?

mandifer327 0

Haha. Too true. And TV isn't that bad either ;) But seriously, FYL and congrats on the kid!

Hmm, best friend = baby's father? Anyway, im sorry to hear :/

iluvu21396 0

wow hes a jerk. congrats tho!