By Anonymous - 13/09/2009 02:44 - Canada

Today, I found out that my girlfriend of almost 6 years has put me in debt over $33,000. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 345
You deserved it 17 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lithium2 0
juega12847 0

So far, 15 people have clicked "you deserve this". Um, why?

Comments

StCharlie 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

wtf, how could you get someone your not married to in a situation to do that...you messed up big time

i get it! the mods changed the first comment from "first!!!" to this!! smooooth

Mods commenting/fixing make the FML better. No lie.

I'm glad aback comments again. They were one of the first people's comments I loved way back when I started FML.

I don't know how I feel about mods being able to just put words in someone's mouth. Sure it's only on comments that most of us feel deserve it... for now... but I'd be a lot more comfortable if there were a little indicative image or edit notice at the bottom/side. (Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing that on self-edited posts too.)

Hahaha, Mercy. I wasn't invited? How dare you exclude your mother! Kay would be disappointed.

I think you'd be able to tell when a mod comments or not. It's usually just because they were acting stupid/saying something stupid/hateful. Does hate really add to a conversation anyway? At least in a positive manor?

StCharlie 0

fyi i wasnt being hateful just sayin first cuz i had the opportunity and that change is pretty funny

Woot! I'm part of the A team! Of course, with it growing, it may end up being more like an A army.

omgyoukilledkeny 0

ood for yall all repliying to the 1st gay comment to get your gay comment on there. THERES KIDS IS AFRICA WHO WOULD KILL FOR THE FIRST OR SECOND COMMENT. but k=no. yall had to take it away from them. yall are selfish OP: YDI for living in canada. gay ass canadian. GO TO HELL YOU GO TO HELL AND U DIE. BTW im not racist canada isnt a race im just a pissed off asshole who people talk about behind his back... hmmm i should start a blog. yea... the ideas of CHASE MORRIS. my name will be up in lights, all u assholes will whorship me BAHAHAHAHAHA O dammit... im still commenting on this....well im gunna sing a song. theeeeeeeee wheeles on da bus go round round and round, round and round. the wheels on da bus go round and round all through the town WAHOOOOOOOOOO

you let her...how could yu not kno where your money was going... that's so irresponsible and Stupid

I think some of them are too harsh though, I got a warning for my opinion which wasnt racist or anything.

Lithium2 0

my mom got us over 40 HOT WHEELS, BEAT THAT

juega12847 0

So far, 15 people have clicked "you deserve this". Um, why?

I don't know about you but I'd notice $33K on my credit card/loan statements and it would take me a lot less than 6 years to find out. Before you even go there, it's not an issue of trust. Credit reports are something everyone should do at least annually. YDI for not looking after your own finances.

Because most people don't suddenly wake up and realize that their significant other has put them $33,000 in debt. Seriously, WTF. Do you not have a bank account and not have a clue about such matters?

Um, because he LET her put himself $33,000 in debt. How does one not realise that?

the_stereotype 0

YDI for calling her your gf when she pretty much just loves you for your stuff and not noticing for SIX years you're not married; it's not her money

birds_fml 7

There are 2 options here the way I see it. Either he's stupid for letting his girlfriend run up debt on his cards or maybe she stole his identity in which case YDI for not checking your credit report and then reporting her to the police. OR he doesn't have any idea how to budget, and has been spending so much over 6 years on her trying to impress her that he put HIMSELF in 33k of debt, in which case it's STILL YDI. Your finances are your own, and if you have 33k in debt, then you deserve it, it's that simple. If she STOLE from him then he can file a police report and clear it up, but if he doesn't do that, it's still his fault.

youmeandthebees 0

This guy should have pulled his head out of his ass and smelt the burning bank account.

Mirequetz 6

#4 I say YDI because anyone who doesn't notice this and A. break up with the woman or B. tell her to pay you back, does deserve it. If the case is "I love her too much to break up with her" then it's the OP's fault because there is a solution, he just wont take it.

youmeandthebees 0
devilsonic 0

I just want to know why have u dated her for six years and not married her

#131 Maybe he can't afford a wedding. MAYBE HE'S $33,000 IN DEBT.

HazelGrace 10

Because he should have known that he was in debt before it became such a large amount

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, Well that sucks. :P

I'm sorry, but YDI. How did you not notice she was driving you under financially until nearly 6 years later? Or did she just all of a sudden go on a massive spending spree and left you with the tab?

Perhaps she bought a car? $33,000 isn't out of line for a very nice car.

good point, very unclear here. If it was over the course of 6 years, he totally deserved it for not checking his credit (you can do it FREE once a year for goodness sake!), and if it was just now, then I guess shit happens and your life does suck!

danxaspires 0

time to drop a bitch. and i totally agree with #11. watch your money or you won't have it.

am i the only one who had KanYe West's "Gold Digger" come to mind? But OP, do wat the song says, and "Leave her ass for a white gurl!"